We want to show you a part of the pause menu in our game. You're probably wondering what may be so interesting about a pause menu. Well, let us tell you a bit about it, then!
When you're playing a game, and you want to learn more about a particular thing or mechanic, you don't want your character to be exposed to attacks while you're trying to gain knowledge, do you?
For this purpose we created a codex which is located in the pause menu. You click ESC and all the needed information is available to you!
But what can you actually find out there?
Here we have several tabs in the codex, so let's start one by one:
- Here you will find all the leaders you have already met during the game. You can learn all about them here. The total amount of HP, what weapons are used by a given leader, what he can do that others can't, what module you get with him at the start, and even his biography!
However, that's not all, you will also find information about the enemies you have already met!
- List of all discovered items and information about them. They are divided into 4 categories:
- components – craft items, basic raw materials,
- usable – consumable items, e.g., plague vial, vaccine, water, food,
- weapons – here we see the strengths and weaknesses of leaders' weapons
- special items – items to be found in the world, which can be assigned to leaders.
- Here you will be able to look into your progress at the headquarters. Information about the bonuses you already have and those you will get after upgrading HQ is located here.
- Information on their price, what can be produced with them, and which skill will be improved during the work.
As you can see for yourself, pause menu grants you with a vast amount of knowledge!
However, it does not end there. Apart from the codex, we also have tabs with a map, quests, and a tutorial where you can learn even more!
The question remains… Do you still think that nothing interesting can be said about the pause menu?
We invite you to join our Discord server,
add Pandemic Train to your wishlist, so you don't miss a release which will be in Q1 2023!
~ Pandemic Train team