That's right - I've been hard at work on a new demo based on feedback from the last one!
- Shorter demo (old one was about 1 hour in length average, so it should be much less than that now)
- The same area as the first one, but completely redesigned given design feedback.
- New tutorial segment that is less confusing
- Some updated graphics and new object designs
- New UI, including less annoying terminal speed warning. It's no longer a red vignette blocking the screen, it's just part of the UI
- More scannables and lore
- The ability to reset the level to the start, with clear stats (This is useful for speedrunning)
- New composed music
- An unlockable secret level, and new blue crystals that you can find and smash
- Level Select menu (although you can only select one)
- Settings menu where you can lower graphics settings, adjust audio, gameplay, and controls
- Speedrun stats records available in the level select menu
- Controller support, and button mapping (although some issues may remain that I'm aware of)
- Lots of mechanic bug fixes (it feels very crisp now - I can't break it!)
- Coyote time actually works and I can't break it! Even on pipes / sliding surfaces :)
So although it's not release quality yet - it's much much closer to release quality.
Expect it to be out early next year!
A Sneak Peek
Here's an example of the Quality settings impact:
And here is a small preview of the new atmosphere and aesthetic for the demo area:
I'm hesitant to show you too much, so below is a short video that shows off a few more features.
This is early on in the demo, before you get the climbing picks. It shows:
- Reset to start
- New UI
- New terminal velocity indicator
- Very brief and limited view of the new demo area
Stay tuned for more, folks!