The next big update to Dark Fracture's prologue is here! And while you're all no doubt excited to read all about it. We wanted to catch you all up to speed with what's been happening behind the scenes. And of course, talk about what is still to come.
And so, we will begin with a thank you. Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to vote for us in the Game Development World Championship! It's thanks to all of you that we have been able to take no less than the first place! It was an honor to compete against such excellent games and a greater one to win! But it's not over just yet. There is still one more vote ahead of us. So stay tuned for more information about the finals!
Secondly, we are excited to announce that Dark Fracture took part in the G-STAR 2020 Indie Game Showcase #1! We are very thankful for the opportunity to have made an appearance during the showcase. And we were glad to be shown besides so many great new games! For those who missed it, fear not! You can still catch the VOD for the event.
And lastly, even as we keep working behind the scenes on the coming Early Access. We have listened to all the feedback and bug reports given to us by the community. We've put in a lot of time and effort to polish the prologue even further! All while adding a couple of brand new scares for you all to enjoy. So be sure to give the new version a shot!
And with all that said, here are some of the patch notes from the latest free update for Dark Fracture: Prologue!
TEXT & UI
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the sanity tutorial window to become stuck on the screen.
- Updated the credits.
- Updated the intro screens.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the physical objects widget to become stuck on the screen.
- Fixed some grammatical errors.
INVENTORY & INTERACTION
- Increased the lifetime of the lighter without the need for fuel.
- Animations for the following are now quicker: physics, inspectable items, pick-ups, interaction with drawers, and crouching.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the zoom function to get stuck upon pausing the game. When leaving the menu, the zoom would be reset.
- Slightly increased the duration of the camera flash.
- The camera flash now has a slight fade out. This should relieve motion sickness and epilepsy issues caused by it to some degree.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the camera to flash twice.
VISUALS & LIGHTING
- Remade the floor in the morgue, giving it less of a shine. As well as adding more dirt in certain places.
- Light reflections are now more realistic.
- Fixed an issue that caused problems with the game’s resolution to some people. The game will now perform a benchmark test to all players when opened to determine the resolution.
- Adjusted the heartbeat volume.
- Fixed the origin point of the camera flashing sounds to better represent where it is located before it is picked up.
- Added new ambient sounds.
PHYSICS & COLLISIONS
- Added proper collisions to the fusebox panels.
- Fixed an issue that caused the ceiling fan to sometimes drop through the floor.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the trollies to shake un-naturally when moved.
- Fixed an issue that can sometimes cause the trolleys to push the player into unintended places.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused two trolleys to collide with each other in a specific way and block player progress.
- Fixed an issue that caused the movable trolleys to flip sideways when hit with other trolleys.
- Changed the mass of all morgue trolleys upon reaching a certain point in the story. And changed all other physics items to match that.
- Throwing physics objects while moving will now throw the object further. When standing still, most thrown objects would drop due to a lack of momentum.
- The inventory would now be forcefully closed during certain scenes.
- Fixed an illogical subtitle that appears when interacting with the door to exit the facility. The subtitle now changes at a certain key moment to reflect the story better.
EVENTS & RANDOM PARANORMALS
- Added new scares.
- Fixed an issue where the Right/Left arrow keys did not match the A/D keys.
- Fixed an issue that prevented mouse inversion from working properly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented mouse sensitivity from working properly.
- While holding the camera, the middle mouse button would cause it to flash instead of activating the zoom function. When the camera is not equipped, the middle mouse button would zoom as normal.
- Added the ability to change the keybinding for the movement keys.
- Fixed an issue with some different function keybindings leading into the same keys.
- Added the ability to change the keybinding for interaction with physical objects. The physical objects widget would now update to reflect this change.
- There’s an issue where pressing the ESC key or ALT + TAB during very specific timing could sometimes freeze the player, preventing them from continuing to play. We’re working on finding a solution to this problem as soon as possible.