Major Gameplay Changes/Enhancements
This is a major patch, and introduces the first of the all new profession-specific card sets. Also, there has been significant work done on dungeon generation and monster placement (still work left to do though).
As of this patch, the only playable profession is the Wizard. Two main reasons: the other profession-specific cards still need to be implemented, and I wanted to get some feedback on the new card system and do some balancing before too much work is done on other professions.
The Wizard's new cards are explained in more detail in this blog post:
Dungeons have also gotten an overhaul. The character starts in an empty room at the edge of the dungeon now, and dungeons are a bit shorter with some larger rooms to give the player more room to manuever. Hopefully dungeons are more interesting as well, and some of the annoyances (like doors right next to each other) have been addressed.
Finally, there are the beginnings of new images in place, working toward full-retina capable images. We're not there yet, so only the low-res versions are currently available, but we're making underlying changes that will allow us to make the change once all of the images have been re-done. Along with this change comes a new style for the art as well; we'll be rolling more of this out over time. We have decided also to make the images generally bigger, so more detail can be shown.
- Removed animated effect from "Monster Turn" indicator
- Introduced new top UI, still needs many tweaks
- Poison will now only apply when the attack is done with the main-hand weapon
- Haggler perk has been removed from the game; it was too powerful if you luck was high
- Fixed damage display sometimes showing up under the monster
- Fixed 10x point multipler showing up as 1x in the UI
- Fixed Level indicators for monsters that where sometimes missing
Given the extensive nature of these changes, we're hoping for lots of feedback, so please play and let us know what you think!
We're still looking for alpha testers, more info here: