The game you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this game, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Earth and the core worlds are suffering. Overpopulation and lack of resources are leading to unrest and desperation. That's where you come in. You've been recruited to colonize a planet more than 4 light years away. It's your job to save the human race from its own greed and consumption. The game is experienced from a top-down view allowing for the deliberate and creative crafting of every item, vehicle, and structure in use. Using a scriptable and dynamic artificial intelligence the AI Overlord will change up every aspect of the game. Nothing stays the same forever, making Worlds an addictively, dynamic experience with limitless replayability.
|Oct 6 2016 Anchor|
So there comes a time in every project that you have to take a step back and clean up some of the stuff you left in there while you were rushing to get a feature in. We call this tech dept. It may be something you didn't fix because it wasn't a major bug, it may be something you did fix, but not in the cleanest way, or it may be just that the entire project has grown like a weed and you need to stop and do some restructuring.It sounds like a hassle, but what ends up happening if you don't is that the project just keeps getting worse and worse until you struggle just to find what it is your looking for. What also can happen is that there is a lot of code being run that doesn't necessarily have to run. Therefore slowing down the overall performance of the game. We decided a while ago that at some point we would all have to stop working and take care of some of this "tech debt". Well yesterday was that day.
It started off with a bag. Something was wrong with our Git repo, and we had to figure out what that was so that we could get everything to a good spot to do such a major change. We were planning on moving code all over the place and eliminating some unneeded items, so we all had to stop working and get together to make this happen. Fortunately we got past our problems and managed to get the bulk of the refactor done in a reasonable amount of time, but it could have been horrible. Now we can move forward with cleaner code and do our best not to muck it up again.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.