I’ve just launched the biggest update to Undercrewed since it's launch.
This update features the new level Celestus with a whole fresh set of enemies to fight and challenges to face.
These new enemies have their own shields which has actually been such an entertaining addition, I couldn’t help myself from adding them onto existing enemies.
I have also implemented EMP attacks that disable your rooms which you will have to deal with.
I have introduced dynamic sounds that are relatively much louder than the others so these loud sounds can drown out other sounds around them. This gives a great eerie feeling for things like EMPs turning off parts of the ship.
- Enemies that fly off the screen come back faster
- Aesthetic changes for enemy bullet speeds
- The Scarlet Seeker found a crash in the AI when playing online
- An attempt has been made to fix crash on exit for Steam users
- Debris from enemies move better (but I still hate how they slow down when in space)
- Mission text now has subtle shadow to make it easier to read
- Buff to blue rail gun damage
- Lots of the error checks have been removed for an all-around performance boost (this will make error messages worse)
- A few new bugs have been introduced, they will be quashed in the next patch.
For a full list of changes: Trello.com
Let me know if you find any problems.
Out of the 11 missions I want to have for full launch I have now finished 7 of them. The 4 levels I have left to finish 2 of them already have a lot of the content done and the other two I have some special things lined up for them so they will take a bit longer. If you thought the mini-bosses I have so far are big one of these levels will be a giant boss fight and the other of these is a second ground based level.
I have another update coming soon that dramatically changes how you play because ammo will have to be transported around the spaceship.
Lots of love