This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Programmers located Nottingham, UK.
Posted by Superpunkgame.com on
Experienced Gameplay Software Engineer
We need your help to bring The Last Leviathan to life.
Super Punk Games is looking for an Experienced Gameplay Software Engineer with exceptional technical capabilities, capable of intrinsically understanding gameplay and implementing best case solutions to our very unique technical problems.
The successful candidate will be able to help a small team implement their vision, expand our ideas and breathe further life into the game world. This is a unique opportunity to play a big part in releasing an awesome indie game onto Steam this year.
Reports to: Game Director
Location: In our office in Nottingham is ideal, remote working considered for the right applicant.
Contract: 3-month short term contract leading to an extended contract or full time position ideally.
What we’re looking for:
• An experienced software engineer with professional experience in games.
• A PC or Unity development profile.
• Excellent C++ / C# programming skills.
• Successful release of at least 2 games.
• Someone who is both relaxed and excited about working in a small team, and who is willing to contribute across the board to the game and achieve beyond expectation.
• Attention to detail, and strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction.
Skills that would help your application?
• Awesome technical insight and a finisher of technical tasks on time.
• A communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and with an openness to use constructive critique.
• A gamer.
• Demonstrable Physics/Maths applications.
• Robust software engineering and software architecture principles and practice.
• Excellent problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills.
What you’ll do:
• You will be a gameplay engineer on Super Punk’s RAFT game, set for Early Access release this year on Steam.
• Assisting the Lead Engineer in support of the overall game development from a programming standpoint.
• Implement game features alongside engine and tools features within schedule and to an expected quality level.
• Provide insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions.
• Optimise and maintaining the existing code base.
Please use our contact form (www.superpunkgames.com) with your daily/monthly rate, some code examples and your CV. Thanks for reading!