Stellar Insurgency is a single player 3D space game for the PC with rts and rpg elements that I have been developing (currently in early Alpha) since early 2016. This is my first post and includes screenshots from the game, a list of major and minor features and a video that showcases the space combat mechanics.
Key words: 3D space adventure, sandbox, space combat, exploration, fleet, trade, single player, missions, rpg, rts.
- Control your fleet in a top-down 3D style.
- Customize and upgrade your fleet consisting from fighters to carriers and battleships.
- Explore a cluster of more than 100 systems.
- Hire crew to improve the stats of your fleet.
- Complete missions that affect your relations with galaxy factions.
- Be a pirate (if you want to).
- Make profit through trade.
- Forge alliances, wage war and determine the fate of the cluster.
- Explore planets and asteroids through exploration probes
- Three levels of defense Stealth, Shields and locational Armor prior to hull damage
- Use warp drive to jump locally and through solar systems
- Board Enemy vessels through boarding probes
- Traverse through black holes
- Place or avoid mine fields
Action solar system (one of many)
Be aware of the CMEs (Coronal Mass Ejections)
Approaching an asteroid field (maybe we should hide our fleet in there?)
Galaxy map with faction borders
Approaching another solar system. Ready to explore
Missions screen (choose wisely)
Oops! They caught us
Space combat between two fleets