After some time of radio silence here is a huge update to the Skeletal Dance Party Demo. To list everything that is changed since the old 0.5.7 release would take pages but below are some highlight features.
What is Skeletal Dance Party?
It is a game about Reva, a young foxgirl necromancer that wants to host the largest ever dance party for her skeletons. Gameplay wise it is like all other Catalope Games hard to fit in one genre, one can best describe it as a but physics based tactical RPG. A mix of Pikmin and Totally Accurate Battle Simulator.
Major features in 0.7.0
- Reworked tutorial from scratch. New tutorial integrates with story and showcases current state game mechanics.
- New user interface for menus and in game. This user interface reflects the current key binds.
- Started working on intro cinematic.
- In game options menu and keys can be changed in game.
- Improved visuals for most things, more prop inside the dungeon.
- Level of details, only simulate character physics of characters visible on screen and lots of other performance improvements.
- Progress is saved in a save file. This is not so useful for tutorial but useful for full game.
You can get the demo on Gamejolt or itch.io.
Known issues in 0.7.0
- It takes a long time to load tutorial level.
- You can skip tutorial by exiting to hub.
- Game balance is not on point, chairs are over powered.
- Funnybone seems to get stuck after resurrection.
Full launch date is set to 🎃 Halloween 🎃. Get hype and make sure to add to wishlist!