Shujinkou is a currently in-development Dungeon Crawling JRPG that interweaves Japanese language learning with the art, music, story, and tight gameplay that defines the Japanese RPG genre. Learn more about the world of Shujinkou, how native and non-native Japanese speakers/players will be able to experience a grand experience, and why Shujinkou may possibly take the JRPG genre to a brand new level in the coming updates and campaign! Please subscribe for new content, including OST videos, new trailers, and more!
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Programmers located Anywhere.
Posted by Rice Games on
Time Commitment: 10-20 Hours / Week
Have you ever dreamed of joining an indie game studio where everyone can make a large impact on the development of a game? Unlike the AAA game companies that have you working on a lamp post or walls, Rice Games is a team that provides everyone with the opportunity to not only do what they can do best, but with opportunities to work with various different facets of game development (story-writing, level design, dialogue, programming, etc.). Note that this position starts off as an internship to test the waters and see what you are capable of. This internship will last 1-2 months and whether or not you make it onto the core team will depend on the type of gameplay mechanics you are able to make during this period. Paid.
• Intermediate to Advanced background with Unity
• Intermediate to Advanced background with C++ or C#
• Intermediate background with Data Structures & Algorithms
• Intermediate understanding of game design & college-level mathematics
• A portfolio website and GitHub account with previously-worked-on games
• Active on the internet (response time of < 4-8 hours)
• PayPal, Zelle, or Venmo for receiving payments
• Past internship experience at other software or video game companies
• Experience and interest in deep learning / Python
• Fan of any of the following series: Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Kingdom Hearts, Nier, Persona, Okami, 999 Series, Danganronpa
• Past projects where you actually worked on a team and contributed to a product that is either nearly complete or complete.
• Proficient in two or more languages (Bilingual)
Send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure the cover letter has been created from scratch and not some copy paste from your previous applications! :)