Red Alert: A Path Beyond Update
- Stealth shaders have been re-enabled, and there is now an option to disable them if they are hindering your performance (Extended Options -> Effect Shaders Enabled)
- No longer available to Allies
- No longer available without a Barracks
- Price down (200 -> 160)
- Health down (70 -> 60)
- Speed up (7 -> 7.5)
- LAW back to being non-tracking and 100m/s
- LAW/RPG splash damage up (22.5 -> 25), radius up (6 -> 6.5m)
- Soviet players will see a Soviet flag when targeting him even when he is inside a vehicle.
- Inaccuracy down (3 -> 2.5)
- If you kill a vehicle that has the "instant pilot death" property (planes and naval units that aren't beached), you now get credited for killing its pilot and passengers.
- Can now be purchased on Tech Level 5 maps for 2400 credits.
- Acts as a tank destroyer (it stands a better chance than a Medium Tank when facing down a Mammoth Tank) and a building harasser (while its anti-building power is merely on par with a Medium Tank's, shifting lets it evade base defenses and take attack and escape routes that other vehicles cannot)
- Press Q to open the overhead map, then left-click on a destination to chronoshift there. You can only shift to places that are within 250 metres of you (this range is shown by the white circle around your map icon) and are free of any obstacles, and after shifting you will not be able to shift again for another 30 seconds.
I have a quick video showing it in action!
- Points value increased (75 -> 100; now equal to Light Tank)
- Fixed 2 AT mines leaving heavy tanks on 1 HP.
- Price down (1200 -> 600)
MGG (and variants)
- Windows no longer have the opposite shader settings that they should, so now they actually reflect like other windows.
- Price down (2000 -> 1600)
- Is now visible on radar.
- Now have the same property as subs/LSTs, where being in open waters prevents the pilot from ejecting and causes the pilot to instantly die when the vehicle dies.
- Bobbing animation now includes them rocking from side to side slightly (1 degree)
- Gunboat range up (105 -> 110m)
- Radar dish is animated again.
- Lowered target bone so that flame towers aren't so prone to missing against it.
- Should no longer explode and instantly kill you if you eject while not fully inside a beaching zone.
Attack Sub/Missile Sub
- When surfaced, they should no longer explode and instantly kill you if you eject while not fully inside a beaching zone. (They'll still kill you if eject when submerged though. So don't.)
- Attack Sub range up (110 -> 120m)
- Attack Sub projectile speed down (75 -> 50m)
- Band-aided the terrible unwrap on the tail rotor.
- Fixed scaling; it is now half its previous size, and comes to about the same length as a Heavy Tank - which is more accurate to the real-life Yak being about the same length as a T-80.
- Physical collision box now covers a little more of the wings - though due to the size reduction it still has a smaller collision area than it used to.
- Health down (300 -> 250) to compensate for the reduced size.
- Has its old "lenient in-flight hitbox" again to compensate for the reduced size.
- Homing weapons now home in on the tail of the Yak instead of the nose, so they are better at catching Yaks on the retreat.
- Build limit up (2 -> 3) since they take up less space on the runway.
- Reduced random field rocks on various maps
- Tech Level downgraded; only T3 vehicles are available, but T5 infantry are still available. (Do you really want to see Allies getting Chrono Tanks on a map that's already biased in their favour and would let them do base-to-base warps?)
Keep off the Grass
- Removed the wall near the Soviet OT route/CY.
- Moved Tesla Coil out to where that wall used to be.
- Removed Flame Tower from WF side.
- Moved Refinery Flame Tower closer to the empty field for reasons.
- Soviet resource field downgraded to ore. (It takes about as long to make a trip as it does on Camos Canyon anyway.)
- Allied OT now takes a little longer to get ore, to help keep it on more even footing with the reduced Soviet economy.
- Ranger physics redone; now heavily based off the standard gameplay Ranger (less flippable), main difference being it has less drag and a less restricted gearbox.
- Instead of just the original two Allied and Soviet ranger colour schemes, you now have 8 - the 4 standard Ranger camos, 3 of Pyryle's classic colour schemes, and hot pink.
- Technicians no longer receive damage from falling (a common source of accidental deaths when jumping through the portals due to how falldamage works) or from the finishing-line wall of barrels.
- Moved the walls backwards at the final turn to make it less obnoxious and less likely to result in pile-ups if multiple people race.
- Jukebox changed to the old theme song of Fissure: RenAlert Jam.
- Fixed VIS error on roof of Allied storage shack.
- Allies now get an additional Light Tank when the 5-minute chinook drop happens.
- Tesla Coils downgraded to Flame Towers like in older versions of the map.
- Added environmental sounds (surf+birds)