Primaeval Update #4: Two-Handed Swords Combat
In this update I show the implementation of Two-Handed Swords in addition to AI, combat and graphical improvements.
Two-Handed Swords are extremely slow and consume a lot of stamina, on the other hand they deal great damage with high limb slicing chance and cannot be disarmed, in addition they have a disabling impact on the enemy, meaning whenever a character takes a Two-handed sword hit it will be disabled for a short period of time.
Blocking Two-handed sword attack with a weapon has additional stamina cost, this gives Two-handed swords a great disarming ability as the disarming occurs when blocking an attack with a weapon while the stamina is lower than a specific threshold AND the attacker's stamina at the same time.
Obviously a shield cannot be used along with Two-Handed Swords, but with the right timing Two-Handed Swords can efficiently be used to block enemies attacks. however, this become more difficult when engaging with more than one enemy.
- 2 Handed sword implementation.
- Health magic spell: can only be casted on enemies that are in disabled state.
- Disarming feature: disarming occurs when blocking an attack with a weapon while the stamina is lower than a specific threshold AND the attacker stamina at the same time.
- Kick animation.
- custom character shader.
- animated bleeding wounds on character's body, the wounds are aligned with the direction of the received hit.
- implementing disarming feature for AI.
- AI can use any weapon of any type.
- when disarmed AI will pick up the closest weapon of any type.
- more flexible and adjustable AI behavior.
- improved collision detection prevents AI from occasional overlapping with other objects.