The protagonist goes winter fishing on a lake and is caught in a snowstorm. He decides to wait it out in a tent and falls asleep. When the cold wakes him up, he finds his burner empty, his tent cold, and the ice outside broken, leaving him with no way back to the shore.
The main aim is to survive until a chopper with the rescue team arrives.
The gameplay: the player shall monitor the health indices; look for the items like food, water, medications, burner gas in the possessions other fishermen left behind. These items will help him last for another several hours.
The player’s dreams will feature the challenges, determining his spirit and state of mind. The worse the latter are, the tougher it is for the player to survive, while the challenges will become more and more complicated.
The events unfold in the abnormal weather conditions, the temperature can drop unexpectedly, putting the protagonist’s life at risk – if he is far from the tent, it would be difficult to come back in poor visibility conditions and survive the extreme cold.
There are also other risks, for instance, slipping during running or jumping, causing an injury preventing the protagonist from providing for himself, and, consequently causing his death.
Start developing DLC ICED - Land
Friends, we have read all your comments and reviews, and are pleased to announce our start on a new addition that will be added to the game. The ability to play on land. This will take a lot of work and won’t happen straight away. We are very happy with the amount of support you have given us so far and we hope this continues, especially during the development process. We will have a forum available where you can share your opinions and stay up to date with the development of the DLC. Soon we will also add a demo version of ICED
1. The main character will be a man who gets caught by a snow storm while at home.
2. New things will be added for use which can be found in the city.
3. We plan on making 3 different endings for this plot.
4. We will add a small provincial town with a nearby lake shore, on which the main game events take place. The city will also be surrounded by smaller villages that can also be accessed.
5. We plan on adding new features and mechanics, for example a blizzard, that will be difficult to get through without special snowshoes. The ability to use surrounding objects to create a fire and keep warm.
6. In the city, there will be survivors that you can interact with through dialogues. They could also oppose a new danger but you can always agree so you don’t have to start any conflict.
7. A freeplay mode that you can play with your friends. In this mode, you will not need to sleep.
We offer you to look at the teaser and we are happy to announce a release date.
List of changes and improvements: 1. Shader ice 2. New models 3. The continued development of "actions in the tent" 4. Almost all of the content for the...
We have completed another stage of development and has made a huge step towards the formation of the basic mechanics.
In this article written about the progress of development ICED and our project needs support in greenlight.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
This is looking pretty great ANEA Duo!
it looks like you've got some really interesting mechanics coming along, I really like the idea of digging through snow to look for lost supplies!
I also like the idea of a shorter randomised experience, to try and keep it smooth but also make sure it's always interesting.
I hope this goes well for you this concept shows a lot of promise!
Good luck on your project, I hope you archieve your goals.
By the way, your models are cool, character too. What did you use to make them?
Thank you. Mainly used Blender 3D and the possibility Unity5