Inspired by Age of Empire and Battlefield, Hell of Men is a small-scale real-time strategy game. The player controls a faction in the event of a future conflict, close to World War III. This conflict propels the player to the head of NATO forces (Poland/Germany/France) or the RU (Russia/Belarus).
Resource gathering, building construction and unit recruitment.
- The population is 40 units maximum. You must choose your troops wisely.
- No vehicle construction, like a Battlefield, you will have to capture strategic points to make vehicles spawn.
- Vehicle management. Once you have vehicles at your disposal, you will have to assign soldiers to drive them and use weapon systems. Once destroyed they will respawn after a waiting period.
- Cover system for infantry units. Your infantry is very fragile, a mistake can easily cause you to lose an entire squad. Use the cover system (light, medium, heavy) to protect your units.
- 3 ways to collect resources, your technicians will allow you to collect ammo and material. Generator building will provide you with energy units and cantinas will generate food units every 3 seconds by being built close to the food trucks.
- 2 construction units, the technicians allow you to build all the buildings of the base (Barracks, Laboratory, etc ...) and the sapper allow you to build the defenses (machineguns, sandbox, etc ...).
Faction: Poland, Russia, Germany, France and Belarus.
14 types of buildings, 6 types of vehicles, 16 types of units.
Campaign: 5 missions.
Follow the adventure of Iwan and Stefan, two brothers immersed in a conflict in Belarus between NATO and Russian forces.
Scenarized skirmish: 20 missions.
Play NATO: This mode is composed of 9 missions.
Play Russian Army: This mode is composed of 9 missions.
Event: 2 special skirmishes.
Choose your faction, your enemy, your map and fight!
5 factions, 12 skins(Forest, Autumn, Winter, CDC), 12 maps.
The game experience is enriched with new textures, new effects, improved AI!
Why rework these visual aspects? The goal is to give HoMBB its own identity by giving it a unique vegetation and effect. Indeed, the vegetation is very present on all the maps and did not correspond to the artistic direction I wanted for the game. Just like the effects of fire, smoke and explosion too stylized. I wanted a "Toon" rendering but in realistic proportions. For example, the fire cube didn't fit. Now we find a better harmonization of the elements between them.
- Strategic Point: Design modification.
- Strategic Point: New capture animation to inform about the capture time.
- Population: Correction of a population reset problem when an improvement has been made.
- AI : Improvement :
- Cantina: Modification of the manufacturing radius around the trucks from 4 to 5 units facilitating the installation of the building.
- Cantina : Added a selection sound.
- All buildings : Added of "destroyed" models after the death of the buildings.
- All buildings : Added explosion effects when the building is destroyed.
- All buildings : Changed the time after destruction: HQ & Barracks = 60 sec / Buildings = 30 sec / Defenses = 1 sec.
- Sapper: Modification of build sounds.
- Technician: Repair of the automatic construction when the unit is close to a building to be built.
- Medic: Repair of the automatic care and the calculation of the care distance.
- Combat/collect drone: Enlarging the size of the model.
- Combat/collect drone: Added speed modification when passing in "open" areas (water, tall grass).
- Battle Drone: New texture.
- Collection Drone: New texture.
- Vehicles: Added speed change when passing through "open" areas (water, tall grass).
- Vehicles: Fixed "target position" positions that were causing detection problems.
- Rework of the fire effect.
(New | Old)
- Rework of the black smoke effect.
(New | Old)
- Rework of the white smoke effect.
(New | Old)
- Rework of the explosion effect (Big, medium, small, drone).
- Rework of the vegetation texture.
(New | Old)
We have a new website here : Whackysquadstudio.com
New gameplay video and trailer too !
Good game to all,
Discover additions and modifications for update 15.
Discover additions and modifications about the Update 14.
Discover the story mode of Hell of Men Blood Brothers, additions and corrections for the Udpate 13.
Discover Udpate 12 : modifications and corrections.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.