Travel through a beautiful, fictional rendition of the 16th century of Feudal Japan. Choose between four types of warriors as you learn to master intuitive, directionally-driven swordplay while also choosing unique abilities to ensure victory over your foes. Join your friends in an immersive multiplayer campaign across Japan in pursuit of either preserving the peace and honor of the Emperor or bringing on chaos and death by playing across four different game modes with different objectives and strategies. Whether you prefer the blade wielding Kenshi or Naginata Samurai, the range and precision of the Samurai Archer, or the deceptive Ninja, the options are vast and the battles fierce.
WE ARE NOW FREE TO PLAY
We are now officially a F2P title. We look forward to this next chapter of our long decade+ journey. We hope this allows more gamers like you to see what we've put into our game, for free and have an easier decision to make to stick around, join our community and help us grow the game more.
We invite/encourage all players to join our Discord at Discord.gg
F2P Patch - Version 1.2
For this patch we wanted to focus on a few important areas: Adding more content to the item store, taking the three largest areas of feedback on the game: 1) dEaD GaMe (why we are going F2P to let anyone play any time); 2) "Needs more Impact"; 3) "Game is clunky in spots".
New Content- Unicorn & Kintsukuroi Sets - All helmets, hats, masks, hair are equippable on both classes. All items in these sets have a different version for Hanako & Yamai (to help with recognizing which team is which).
- Unicorn Set: 12 items total: 4 player skins, 4 weapon skins, helmet, hat, hair, mask.
- Kintsukuroi Set (inspired by the "golden-repair" style of Japanese pottery): 11 items total: 4 player skins, 4 weapon skins, helmet, hat, mask.
- New "ripout" animations for melee hits on the Kenshi and Nagi on basic attacks.
- New "combo counter" FX for hitting enemies with combo abilities.
- New ability hit FX for increasing the impact of hitting enemies with abilities.
- Updates to hit detection to be more responsive.
- Major bug fixes/crash fixes for server stability.
- Major bug fix for "hit reactions" causing rubber banding/general clunkiness. We believe this was responsible for most of the game's clunky "feel" at times.
- Major localization fixes for missing text in various menus (custom game and killstreaks).
- Other minor bug fixes in other areas of the game.
- Samurai Royale - We will start public testing of our Battle Royale mode (24 players) starting after the holidays in early 2022.
- Challenges/unlocks - Depending on how the playerbase grows, we will begin systems to unlock items based on daily/weeklies and other in-game challenges.
- AI improvements
- New classes and map (for Samurai Royale)
Thank you for all of your support. At this stage, we're about a 4 person team working on this after our jobs and we will do our best to keep the game updated and address issues, but please be patient with us as we manage what comes next. Most bugs can only be fixed by one of our devs and requires investigation. We will always do our best to prioritize and make our game the best it can be.
-Hanako Dev Team
Game as a tribute, Hanako: Honor & Blade, which started as a college project 14 years ago, is now fully released on Steam! Journey across Feudal Japan...
After nearly 14 years of development, +MPACT Games will finally release Hanako: Honor & Blade to Steam - graduating from 4 years of Early Access on September...
Mpact Games, a small team of developers united to make a single game, today announced that Hanako: Honor & Blade, an immersive online multiplayer combat...
Today +Mpact Games dropped the official Early Access v.4 trailer, announced full Early Access v.4 details, a Steam free weekend and IndieDb Giveaway to...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.