It's time to update Galactic Conquerors single player demo. We're very exited to tell you that the multiplayer is on its way even though it isn't added within this version, we're doing the UI rewamp for the multiplayer now and this should be covered in future update.
Remember to register our forums for regural updates and newsletter at Forums.kinahmigames.com. Note that demo 0.3 is from last December and can be found from Kinahmigames.com and was not launched here in IndieDB.
To play the game:
- To start the game, unzip the downloaded file and launch the game from the unzipped folder.
- Select quick play under single player if you wish to start to play instantly, to change the settings we've provided select options and category under it
- Use mouse to a) move camera while holding left button down b) rotate camera when right button is down. You can use W/A/S/D for camera movement also.
- To select unit, press mouse left on top of your unit, to select multiple units hold left shift down and move your mouse. Press mouse left while holding left shift down to accept the multiselection
- To move or use skill in the game press mouse right
- And finally, destroy everyone who stands in your way!
Changelog between 0.3 to 0.35
- We gather information how you use the game so we can further improve the game with the data trasmitted to us. We're working on the possibility to toggle the feature off if you wish to do so. You can't turn the feature off in this version
- The data we collect: Roam and battle timers for planning phase and execution phase, the amount of turns in battles, Install and session status.
- Research UI added! It's now possible to research the commander skills from the Roam UI
- Event log added! It's now possible to see what has happened in previous rounds from the event log found from your Roam UI
- Toggling UI elements now prevent in needed cases the camera movement while using W/A/S/D keyboard buttons or using the mouse
- The timer of each phase now resides in action wheel as a round percentage meter
List of owned planets and armies added
- It's now possible to select and see the planets and armies you have within all the sectors
- Planet cycling when planet UI is on is possible with this update
- You can see your recruit and building progress of all planets within this lister
- It's now possible to delete armies or edit the battle formations
- You can now send feedback from main menu straight to developers
Box selection added
- You can select your armies within roam by holding down the left shift key and accepting the selection with mouse left press
- The battle stacks are now possible to be selected in battle as multiselect with left shift key down and accepting the selection with mouse left button press
Galaxy map added for easier cycling when map consists several sectors
The skills of commanders and units are now usable
- The Gramos and Human unit skills added
- The Gramos and Human commander skills added
- Unit and commander stack destroy effects added
- Several new projectile effects added
- Several hit effects added
- Unit and commander shield effects added
Language file improvements
- It's now possible to add tips and tricks to splas image by creating language keys that start with hint-XXX, for example hint-hello-world adds a tip with the provided value
- The language file now has the skill and several unit descriptions in them, this allows language translations straight to skills and faction informations.
- It's now possible to set planning time to unlimited in settings
- Chat window is now visible!
- Chat window is now toggleable in game
- Chat window now handles the world chat messages within game, you can now chat with everyone online through Lobby in chat window
- AI is now able to calculate move orders between sectors
- Artifical intelligence now uses the secondary thread in the calculations, this improves the performance 30%-50% when turns start
- The resources are now depleated from the planets in several turns, the amount of resources gathered and resources remaining can now be seen in planet UI
- Several building and skill icons have been added to the game
- The unit stacks now select a random target within target unit stack instead of the center of the targeted unit stack.
- Several improvements to Roam and Battle UI's
- The escape key now handles leaving the planet, event, game menu or commander research UI
- Several UI tooltips added to the game
- Saving the settings from main menu now alerts about succesfull save
- The game music should no longer stop playing after the first clip has been played
- Latest news and social media links are now shown in main menu
- Performance improvements when the several objects are spawned simulaneously in the game logic
- It's now possible to add rotate speed to the level files to make game objects (GOB, TreasureChest, Planet, Star) to rotate around their axis
- The stacks in battle should no longer have incorrect units in them or several types of units within the same stack
- Armies should no longer be seen empty when they've just appeared from Fog of War
- It's no longer possible to move stacks from planetary armies to armies outside of the planet
- The battle indicators now correctly spawn above the armies in battles
- There should no longer be a problem where electric/static damage type unit would deliver the damage and the damage would be calculated as healing damage
- The projectiles should now behave correctly after the battle execution has ended
- Projectiles should now correctly be cleared at the end of the battle rounds has been reached
- The thread managing the ai and path calculations should no longer crash when unexpected behaviour occurs
- When starting the game from quick play in main menu the system now doesn't ignore the last of the maps in the lists which caused earlier version to have only one playable map
- The paths of moveable units should no longer draw incorrectly
- It should no longer be possible to cancel a building under construction and receive the full amount of resources from that building
- All the skills might not work yet as intended
- When developer console is open the mouse is set behind the window
- Event log has a bug that prevents some of the events from happening
- The battles in planet (either orbiting or planetary armies involved) don't trigger the planet lister's battle indicator
- The save game and load functions don't work well enough yet and are disabled in this version.
- Options in game are disabled in this version, use the main menu to change settings
- The army formations in battle don't rotate correctly towards the enemy in battle
- While two or more AI players are in battle the execute timers in those battles (without human players) last same time they'd last normally. This will be changed during the development for smoother gameplay.
- The Treasure Chests (Mines) are not available in game logic even if they are added in the level files
- The game doesn't start in some cases when launched from quick play mode and round remains in zero. To overcome this, exit the map and launch the map again through main menu.