Take control of a settlement of the first modern humans, guide them through the ages in their struggle for survival.
Dawn of Man is a survival/city-builder from the creators of Planetbase.
The game starts in the Stone Age, and takes you up to the Iron Age, spanning more than 10,000 years of human prehistory.
You will have to get your people to survive, expand and evolve, just like our ancestors, facing the challenges that the environment will throw at you.
Animals were a vital source of food and resources for ancient humans. Use their meat to feed your people and their skin and bones to make clothing and craft the tools you will need to stay alive. Confront Mammoths, Wholly Rhinos, Ancient Bison, Megaloceros, Cave Lionsand other species that roamed the earth at the time.
Collect a variety resources from the environment, fruit, berries, water, wood, flint, stone, ores. Use them to prepare food, to make tools and to build structures in your settlement.
Fish is more abundant in spring, berries and fruit can be collected in summer and animals are easier to come by when it's warm. When winter comes, make sure to have enough non-perishable food and warm clothing in order to survive.
Build more homes and facilities for your people, in order to expand your population. Construct fortifications and craft weapons, so you are ready for when the inevitable conflict comes.
Each new discovery will make it easier for your settlement to be able to support larger populations, but will also bring new challenges: increased food demand, morale issues and more frequent raider attacks.
Our ancestors were capable of incredible engineering feats: mine massive rocks from the environment, transport them using sledges and construct huge stone structures.
Unlock farming technologies to grow your own vegetables, so you can feed large amounts of people. Domesticate animals to produce food, resources and provide increased muscle power.
- It is now possible to precisely alter the distribution of trees, deposits, details and objects in custom Environments.
- New Workshop Uploader integrated in the game, that makes the process of uploading scenarios and translations a lot simpler.
- ConditionEntityNearMarker action in scenarios now works with any type of entity.
- Fixed issue causing traders not to bring techs costing over 20 knowledge points if changed tech cost multiplier.
- Added new CurrentGameMode, CurrentStartMode and CurrentEnvironment values for ConditionValueEquals
- New Plowing technology.
- Plant and harvest tasks are now generated in rows, with the closest plants to town going first.
- UI SFX volume reduced slightly.
- Added panic sounds for humans.
- Only adult domestic animals can now be used to pull Carts or Plows.
- Only adult Goats or Cattle now produce Milk.
- Milk production time reduced from 0.2 years to 0.18 years.
- Better usage of transports overall.
- Improved the way transports and animals follow humans, this also reduces clipping against structures.
- New larger and more visible mouse pointer.
- Improved Leather and Tanning icons.
- Raiders now ignore megaliths and mines.
- Performance optimizations in combat code, which should make mods with a ton of raiders run more smoothly.
- Removed most artifacts in tinted models.
- Fixed issue with river sound not updating it's volume properly when game paused.
- Load is now centered when just one object is being carried on sledge or cart.
- Added some more syllables for random names.
- Fixed typo in burials text.
- Fixed selection box on bridges under construction.
New Nomad Mode, new animals and overhauled hunting mechanics.
Finally Dawn of Man hits Steam, Humble Bundle and GOG.
There is only one week left for Dawn of Man launch, stay tuned!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.