Civitatem is a medieval city builder where you help your villagers raise a new settlement in dangerous lands by making use of their skills and available world resources. Shape the future of your people by managing and assigning the most skilled villager for each task. Educate them and research new technologies, fight off the natural elements or raiders and explore the land for new villages to develop new trades routes, acquire new technologies and develop diplomatic relations.
The most important resource are your villagers, each specialized in some areas, gaining experience each time they perform a task. Educate them in schools and libraries to allow them to perform more complex tasks and jobs. Besides education the health of your people is imperative so herbalists and doctors are also quite important.
Nature has always had her way since the beginning of time so be prepared each season to face storms, disease, quakes and other events. Gaining high education, technology and constructing a strong settlement will help you survive in these troublesome times, but be prepared to defend your village from raiders, wild animals and unfriendly neighbors.
Civitatem is currently in development in Pre-Alpha and is planned to be released in Early Access on the official site and Steam in Q1 2018
After a few months of a development hiatus, i am back to the normal development schedule, so expect one or two updates per month, from now on.
For this update, if your saves are under 1.60, is recommended to start a new game!
You can now build a Fishery and receive a steady amount of food any season, but it relies a lot on the skill of your Fishermen, so assign the ones with the highest skills.
Each Fishery can have up to 7 spots in total, but it’s based on where you place the building, so look for the fishing spot tool tip to get the maximum spots.
2) SKILL IMPROVEMENTS:
Skills are much more important now, beside reducing the time to complete a job, or if successful (fishing), now on certain ranges, they can provide you with double resources. For example a villager with a forest skill of 50, has 50% to get double wood (4 instead of 2) when chopping a tree, and 100% chance to get double at 100 skill.
Beside the bonuses, the skills have now different colors on the inspect window and villagers list, for a faster recognition: 50 or more Blue, 100 Green.
3) Map is 25% bigger and Villagers now move 30% faster.
4) Added an Event Window which gives you some details on events, or warnings in certain situations.
5) Tweaked the food values, events, jobs timers to give you a more challenging gameplay.
6) Added user folder in My Documents/My Games/Civitatem which now is used for Cloud saving on Steam and storing saves, and certain user options.
7) Added more tool tips, and nutrition info for Barn Icons.
8) Fixed a tons of bugs including:
– font size+ option and edge scroll didnt work properly
– edge scroll speed scales with the current camera depth
– fixed a few bugs related to Villagers List.
– fixed – a bug where you couldnt select/click villagers close to the status UI on the left.
– fixed – on close vlist – vlist top down icon remains tagged.
– fixed – some speed related bugs on low health for villagers
– fixed a sound bug with building sound not taking in consideration the volume in some cases.
After many months of development and testing, Civitatem, a medieval city builder is now available on Steam!
In the current version of Civitatem a season lasts for one day, and one day lasts between 10 to 20 mins, based on what speed you use: normal or fast forward...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.