Based in United States
December 15 2016
Castle Torgeath: Descent into Darkness is a unique blend of action, RPG, and survival in a 3D dungeon environment. Trapped in the dungeons of an ancient castle, you must scavenge for supplies, avoid traps, combat your foes, and confront the sinister threat that lurks within.
What would become Castle Torgeath was originally conceived in June 2014 by a couple of experienced gamers and a professional software developer. The original concept was to modernize the old 3D first person dungeon adventure. After doing some initial game design work and development in Unity and Blender things looked promising so in late 2014 we decided to go full time to finish the game. In the spring of 2015 we showed the game on Steam Greenlight to get feedback from the community. We received some very helpful comments to improve the game and at the same time had a chance to meet some fantastic people from the community. Eventually we got to work with Black Shell Media to show off Castle Torgeath. We officially got greenlit just in time for Christmas that year.
We made our early access release on January 22, 2016 and continued to get great feedback and support. Armed with a lot of new comments, we dug in and got to work finishing up the core of the game. After several months of hard work, we rejoined the fray in October by going to Gameacon (an indie game convention) to show off a massively improved Castle Torgeath.
We finally fully released our game on December 15, 2016. Since then we've been steadily growing support and plan on updating the game based off user feedback to make for an even better experience.
The game development process has been a combination of challenges and enjoyable experiences. Being a family game dev team allowed for us to have a lot of creative freedom and made for easier collaboration. It made Castle Torgeath not only a game project but a family one as well. We learned quite a lot while making the game. We love doing what we do and hope to improve Castle Torgeath as well as make more games in the future.
- Feel the retro experience come to life in modern form.
- Play an interesting mix of several genres that creates a unique dungeon crawler which rewards quick reactions, good stat management, and careful exploration.
- Experience an eerie ambiance that puts you on edge.
- Enhance yourself with a RPG system that allows you to choose what your character specializes in and how you approach combat.
- Enjoy the artistic style of a 3D free motion first-person dungeon adventure.
- Survive by scavenging food, potions, and other supplies.
- Combat a reanimation fog that morphs fallen enemies.
- Barter with the Phantom Trader for 3 different special power-ups.
- Challenge yourself in Rogue Mode where you only have one chance to live.
- Fight intense battles using up to 6 different weapons against over 20 types of enemies.
- Discover an in-depth story that explains the events that previously occurred in the castle.
Castle Torgeath Trailer YouTube
Castle Torgeath Tutorial 1: Basic Controls and Combat YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Beautiful... old school... so loaded with nostalgic feel that it feels like it traveled through a time machine."
- Ripper71, Gaming Shogun
- "If you’re into the old-style dungeon crawlers this might be right up your street."
- Adam Wilkin, GameGrin
Dungeoneering Studios allows for the contents of Castle Torgeath: Descent into Darkness to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Castle Torgeath: Descent into Darkness is legally & explicitly allowed by Dungeoneering Studios. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/castle-torgeath-descent-into-darkness/presskit.
Game page on Alienware Arena na.alienwarearena.com/groups/castle-torgeath.
Castle Torgeath's Pinterest board pinterest.com/dungeoneeringst/castle-torgeath.
Castle Torgeath's Twitch Directory twitch.tv/directory/game/Castle%20Torgeath:%20Descent%20into%20Darkness.
Castle Torgeath's Youtube Channel youtube.com/channel/UCSGC4TkoEhrFu92LvzcukwA.
A stats guide for Castle Torgeath steamcommunity.com/app/431870/guides.
Company Press Kit
Press Kit for Dungeoneering Studios indiedb.com/company/dungeoneering-studios/presskit.
About Dungeoneering Studios
We are an indie game software development company located in Durham, NC, USA. Our latest game is Castle Torgeath: Descent into Darkness, a 3D dungeon action RPG game for PC Windows.
More information on Dungeoneering Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Castle Torgeath: Descent into Darkness Credits