DG Games Workshop
Based in Shanghai, China
Bugs Must Die is a fast-paced modern retro top-down shooter where players fight against alien bugs and bosses by controlling heavy armored vehicles and agile special agents. Shooting them with a machine gun, blasting them with missiles, dashing them with a vehicle, whipping them with an energy chain, or burning them with napalm...No matter how you get it done, “ALIEN BUGS MUST DIE!”
DG Games Workshop is an independent game company formed by several friends with rich work experience in the games industry. It was established in March 2016 and is located in Shanghai, China. The goal of DG Games Workshop is to create “Fun, Challenging and Beatable” indie games for all.
“Bugs Must Die” is the first indie game produced by DG Games Workshop since March 2017. It's mainly inspired by "Jackal", the classic arcade/NES game published by Konami and another popular twin-stick-shooter indie game “Nuclear Throne” published by Vlambeer on Steam.
As an elite from the Galactic Pests Control Company, players are sent to the planet M-79 to prevent Mantis Beings from invading Earth. On the terrestrial planet, players not only have to destroy the cruel Mantis soldiers but also battle with the various Bosses cloned from Earth pop culture.
In Bugs Must Die, players can control a heavy armored vehicle equipped with multiple weapons to gallop on the battlefield. They can also use Mantis Agents who have completely different fixed-weapon systems shooting to dodge their way through the Bullet-hell. There are RPG elements as well; Gamers are also able to upgrade their character, vehicles, and/or weapons to take down the bugs with ease.
DG Games Workshop expects gamers will enjoy the fun and challenge of Hack'n Slash and Run'n Gun gameplay by playing with different characters and different weapons in “Bugs Must Die”.
- Gamers of any levels can beat the Story Mode!
- Hard core gamers: Try to beat the game using just the basic weapons-show off your superb skills.
- Average gamers: Never fear! Spend coins obtained from missions to update your vehicles and weapons to take down the bugs with ease.
- Different characters to choose from! Equip them with various weapons to show off your unique fighting style!
- 2 Mantis Agents that have completely different fixed weapon systems and rolling dodge mechanisms.
- 3 powerful vehicles: Equip up to 6 main weapons and 9 sub-weapons, but that’s not all! Equip a “Battle Core” which deploys when your vehicle is destroyed to keep the fight going!
- 4 major categories of equipment with more than 35 options. Did we mention the super weapon !? It launches a full-screen attack! BOOOOOOM！！！
- Story Mode, Challenge Mode and Hell Mode will bring well over 10 hours of gameplay.
- Story Mode: 16 levels with one boss per level, clearing all the levels will unlock all characters!
- Challenge Mode:In addition to the 16 bosses from Story Mode, you’ll encounter additional secret bosses randomly. To come across all available bosses, Challenge Mode is a must!
- Hell Mode: The more levels that you pass the greater the loot!
- All Bosses are parodies of East-West pop culture icons.
Bugs Must Die - New Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Bugs Must Die: The Final Demo Trailer YouTube
Bugs Must Die : Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Bugs Must Die Preview – Retro inspired goodness"
- MICHAEL COX, theinsatiablegamer.com
- "Bugs Must Die looks like the top down shooter I’ve been waiting for."
- JACK BOYLES, nitchigamer.com
- "Bugs Must Die feels like a spiritual successor to Konami’s top-down jeep gunning action title, while cranking up the speed, intensity, and play style to a higher level."
- Colone lFancy, somewhereinthemidstofnowhere.wordpress.com
- "“It’s a great game, with fast and frantic twin-stick arcade action, excellent pixel art animation, brutal bosses and lots of unlockables and upgrades to kit out your vehicle with.”"
- KJ Robertson, alphabetagamer.com
- "“As soon as I started playing I immediately recalled old glories of the past, one of them being License To Kill”"
- G0BLIN, blog.amigaguru.com
- "Bugs Must Die is a 2018 version of all your classic favorites like Jackal and Smash TV."
- Kevin, sweatpantsgaming
DG Games Workshop allows for the contents of Bugs Must Die to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Bugs Must Die is legally & explicitly allowed by DG Games Workshop. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/bugs-must-die/presskit.
Bugs Must Die Steam Store store.steampowered.com/app/816720/Bugs_Must_Die.
About DG Games Workshop
dg Games Workshop is an independent game company formed by several friends with rich work experience in the game industry. It was established in March 2016 and is located in Shanghai, China. The goal of dg Games Workshop is to create “Fun, Challenging and Beatable” indie games for gamers.
More information on DG Games Workshop, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Bugs Must Die Credits
DG Games Workshop