Created by Petiephant, XUI is a polished User-Interface System for Xbox 360 and Windows created in XNA 4.0. It features a widget system, rich font, animations, screen controls and more! If you use this in a commercial project, replace the textures and font.
- The "Example" project included in the download has all of the source code used to create the UI in the following video.
- Base widget system.
- Standard widgets include graphic, text, box, slider, menu and camera.
- Base features allow changing position, size, scale, rotation, align, and color.
- Widgets can be attached together allowing for complex positioning.
- Rich font system.
- Support for font kerning, wrapping, alignment and multitexturing.
- Customisable font styles allow control over drop shadows, character tracking and line spacing.
- Support to swap out special character sequences with an icon. For example, replace "[[A]]" with the A button from the Xbox 360 controller.
- Font effect system allows custom, per-letter text animations.
- Custom string implementation which allows basic, garbage-free number formatting.
- Animation system.
- Base support for animating position, size, scale, rotation, color, alpha, intensity and texture coordinates.
- Extendable to support custom variables that you may need to animate in custom widgets.
- Screen control system.
- Allows for multiple screens to be active at once.
- Input system.
- Can be used within your game too if required.
- Allows custom mappings to the keyboard, mouse and/or gamepad.
- Multiple render passes.
- Allows the UI to be transformed and rendered however you like, allowing for things like 3D, "in world" and/or post-processed UI.
- Easily create new widgets, effects and animations which can be plugged into the system.
- Optimised for Xbox 360.
- Generates nogarbage during a general update.
- Feel free to contact the author at email@example.com if needed.