The Linux version of demo 1.6, which brings forth new graphics, optimizations, and much more, check out the devlog!
- Some UI aspects are lacking the overhauled graphical elements.
- Some docking numbers are mislabeled.
- Joysticks still not fully supported.
NEW FEATURES & CHANGES:
- Overhauled models for stations, freighters, and lootboxes.
- New UI textures and shaders for the rest of the UI.
- Jumpholes now have a chance to fail. You don’t want that to happen.
- Minefields and minefield explosions now have overhauled graphics.
- Detailing pass on demo systems, including new models and new things to find.
- Input system redone.
- AI items, such as drones and auto-turrets, now available on stations to buy and use.
- Chaff and countermeasure items now available to buy.
- Message system more detailed, has sounds, and will output things like payout during a mission.
- Asteroid fields now have all proper variants of asteroid models. Some graphical updates done to asteroids.
- Massive amounts of optimization work done to drawcalls, modeling, navmaps, audio, nebulas, and most everything except NPCs.
- Offscreen indicators more accurate.
- Photomode UI now has the capability to roll. To roll, use the rolling keys (default Q and E) to roll screenshots.
- Screenshots now properly taken and stored in the Underspace_Data folder.
- Waypoint logic made slightly more efficient.
- Enemy AI changed: will now comment accurately on wingmen death, use missiles and mines more intelligently, and flee only if they’re the remaining NPC.
- And much much much much more!
- Fixed issue with service UI, respawn UI, saving UI, options UI, contact UI, comm UI, and more.
- Translation probes now work properly.
- The quest “Between Spaces” now can be completed without having to use the console.
- Garage will properly let you select and change between ships.
- Far less crashing when transferring between systems, stations, or respawning on them or attempting to respawn.
- Item duplication or wrong items being added in saves no logner occurs.
- All stations have docking points and no longer make NPCs sit at them infinitely.
- Sorting draw errors on atmospheres and laneline arrows fixed.
- Various grammatical errors.
- Photomode and cinematic mode will no longer cause lockups, freezes.
- Missiles more accurate and have a better chance of hitting someone in combat.
- Various camera modes now read and operate correctly.
- Can properly loot items on weirdly-counted lootboxes.
- Saving logic fixed to properly clear missions.
- Clearings and encounter fields no longer interfere with projectiles.
- And much much more!