Patch 1.3 for Underspace's official Kickstarter demo, for Linux users!
Patch 1.3 will most likely be the final patch released during the Kickstarter campaign, if you haven't backed it yet, check it out.
This patch integrates feedback from a lot of testers, and de-hardcores a few features, giving control of them back over to you, the people. There were also a few features in-game that were cut, but with things farther along, I've re-implemented them, as well as new UI features. Onto the changelog!
NEW FEATURES AND CHANGES:
- Certain powerful attacks, such as the Undersnake's ram, now have a global cooldown, to prevent the player from getting stuck and killed to death.
- New improvements to undersnakes as a whole: the beasties now have eyes that follow you, and snort smoke and steam when making noises. They also wiggle a bit better.
- The left and right windows can now be minimized. By default, this is the backspace key.
- When not in freeflight, pressing and holding the mouse button would temporarily restore it. The time for this is now its own setting, in the options menu under “Gameplay”.
- Speaking of new options, the player can now also choose to make their HUD elements fade out when not in use.
- Screenshake when taking hits can also be set, to turn it off when the player has their shields up, or never get screenshake when taking hits.
- Previously the game wouldn't display the name of the system you were currently in when checking the navmap. This functionality had been removed for reasons I forgot, so it's back in. Whoops.
- Some audio has been optimized slightly, which should reduce memory load on a few computers.
- Godmode won't randomly disable itself anymore, so cheat to your heart's content!