The Windows 64-bit build of the "Depictions" Demo. This demo includes reworked aesthetics, some new content, and a variety of fixes, tweaks, and changes!
Version 0.9.7 includes the following updates:
- Changes to the shading of areas lit by the player-character's lantern, especially in its highlights.
- New cursor mode that indicates interactive/examinable objects.
- Fixed an area in Chapter Two in which players could get stuck in unintended geometry.
- Removed the brief "stun" effect in the second mummy's "flurry" attack.
- Improved mouse-look behaviour when playing at lower frame-rates (hopefully).
- Miscellaneous minor changes and fixes.
Version 0.9.5 includes the following updates:
- Increased jump-height, and with it jump-distance.
- A few traversal changes in Chapter Two related to the new jump-height, including a new minor traversal section.
- Various security updates.
- In particular, the language files should now be safe!
- (I still don't recommend taking files from strangers in general, of course.)
- The fixing of some memory leaks.
- Miscellaneous minor fixes and changes.
Version 0.9.2 includes the following updates:
- Menus can now be scrolled by mouse-wheel!
- Added a little more direction in the upper-level puzzle of Chapter Five.
- Made clearer the purpose of the tutorial-arrow in the prologue.
- The key-mapper can now bind the mouse-wheel and the minus-key.
- Fixed a minor bug in combat damage-calculation.
- Fixed a memory-leak that occurred when loading a game from within the "combat-world".
- Removed much of the security vulnerability present in previous versions.
- There may still be some risk in taking language-files from untrusted sources.
Version 0.9.0, the "Depictions" Demo, includes a variety of changes:
- Reworked aesthetics
- The in-game look has been changed, made more clearly stylised--and improved, I hope!
- Additional content
- Two new (small) locations
- New puzzles in one of those locations
- One new enemy
- One collectible and new lore-entries--but showing those would be spoiling things. ;)
- Plus a variety of tweaks, fixes, and changes!
- Some keyboards don't respond well to pressing "space" (the default "jump" key) while holding one of the WASD keys (the default "movement" keys). If your keyboard is like this, try the "KeyboardAndMouse_MouseJump" keybinding profile (from the options menu).
- This profile moves "jump" to the right mouse-button (and "examine" to "space"), thus hopefully allowing jumping while pressing a movement key!
- Alternatively, just rebind the keys to something that works for you!
- If you want a frame-rate meter, just press "f".
- (Presuming that you haven't bound another key over that.)
- 4K resolutions and UI-scaling are not currently officially supported, although they may work.