I'm happy to announce that as of today the competitive typing game "Typefighters" is finally released - for free. Download it now for Windows, Linux and Mac!
When revealing the game a few months ago I received lots of positive feedback, among which have been quite a few teachers interested in using the game for teaching purposes. Although I had thought of that idea before, I decided to focus on the skill comparison aspect of the game. After all, there are already lots of games out there that teach typing - but not that many for typing competitions.
Because of that the prospect of people using the game for teaching regardless was quite a nice surprise for me. And since the game's idea has long been a passion project for me, I decided to encourage this aspect and release it for free in order to get it into as much hands as possible. However, the game's Greenlight page will remain online and I will look into building an enhanced version, including Steam matchmaking support, if it gets greenlighted eventually.
- Show your friends who is the fastest typist!
- 8 modes requiring a variety of skills aside from typing speed and correctness.
- Online and LAN multiplayer for two players.
- User supplied word lists for additional languages or special challenges.
- Additional benefit of providing typing practice.
- Cross-platform multiplayer for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Customizable singleplayer opponent.
I hope you will enjoy playing the final game as much as I enjoyed making it!