• Register

Tenshu General is a casual strategy game with a board game look and feel. Set in the time of the samurai in early Japan, players control a Tenshu castle from where they rule their land. Moving their armies from province to province they try to close in on the enemy’s Tenshu and destroy it. Tenshu General mixes traditional Risk and Stratego elements with RTS mechanics, in which the player has to define a strategy based on deduction and tactical skills. She can play against human like opponents which can have different characters and play style such as opportunistic, defensive, casual or Gung-Ho.

Forum Thread
Does not launch in Xubuntu 11.10 32 bit (Games : Tenshu General : Forum : Technical issues : Does not launch in Xubuntu 11.10 32 bit) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 2 2013 Anchor

As also mentioned in the comments section, I have not been able to launch the game on my PC. Any help is appreciated!

BTW, when I try to run from terminal I get this: "Downloads/desura/common/tenshu-general/TenshuGeneral: cannot execute binary file"

Sep 2 2013 Anchor

Hi!

Not sure why it doesn't run on your version of ubuntu. I will install it and try it out. In the mean time you could try the following:

Save the following in a file called tenshu.sh.

#!/bin/bash

CLASSPATH=tg-sec.jar:lib/antlr.jar:lib/jFuzzyLogic-lite.jar:lib/jogg-0.0.7.jar:lib/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.7.jar:lib/lwjgl.jar:lib/lwjgl_util.jar:lib/slick-patched.jar:lib/slick.jar

LIB_PATH=lib/natives/

java -cp $CLASSPATH -Djava.library.path=$LIB_PATH nl.bofili.tg.TG2Desktop

Set permissions >chmod 700 tenshu.sh and try to run it from the terminal. Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
Casper

Sep 2 2013 Anchor

It worked perfectly, thanks for the fast response!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.