Tantere 0.8.2b test release. Any feedback of performance, enemy/leveling/weapon balancing and gameplay are more than welcome!
Tantere is an 2D RPG (Custom-built Engine with C++ using libraries SDL, OpenGL and FMod)
You can play singleplayer or 2 player co-op hotseat. Everything you do in the world and in quests will affect the game world and NPCs, changing gameplay, quests, ending, etc.
Summarized plot: An evil god has cast the people of Tantere to another realm called Mordea and you are the hero (or 2 heroes in co-op) to find a way to return the people back to Tantere and defeat the evil forces.
Bunch of new stuff has been added and some are still waiting to be added.
The project is coming along fine, thanks to my friend who wrote some ingame readable books. Now I'm mainly focusing on drawing new graphics, building game world and on co-op gameplay.
Changes since last post:
- Added new NPC
- Added new items
- Added new graphics
- Added PvP for co-op mode, which is off by default
- Added sneaking while holding left SHIFT (player 1), Z (player 2)
- Added players can now change direction without moving while holding the sneak button
- Added sneak attack
- Added players can now miss and cause less damage if weapon skill requirement is too high
- Added cooking
- Added new recipes
- Added readable books
- Added zone changing for co-op
- Modified visual chest equipment code
- Updated game world
- Improved AI
- Fixed item info box
Things that will be added in the future:
- Quest system
- Dialog system
- Shop system
- Character/game state saving and loading
- Main menu
- Support for multiple USB keyboard and mouse for player 2
Latest video: multiple zones