Pumpkin-Online is a multiplayer farming/dating sim.
If you like games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing you
may be interested in our game.
Genre: Farming, Dating Sim
Platform: PC, Mac, and Linux
Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Pumpkin Online is a laid back farming game you can play either solo or with friends.
However, here are some things we are doing different from other farming sim games:
- A balance between laid-back skill based gameplay.
- Customize both the interior and exterior of your farm the way you want
- A multiplayer mode to hang out with friends, farm and do activities together
- Many different items to gather, make and learn about.
- Open character customization that is not gender restricted. Create any kind of character you want.
- No gendered restricted clothing or items.
- Court and marry NPCs regardless of gender.
Upon the final release of the game here are different activities you can do in the game:
- Farm and micro manage different types of crops throughout the seasons
- Customize the interior of your house and outside how you want.
- Raise and breed animals based while considering their genetics for the best animal products
- Cook many different types of food to keep your stamina up or to give as presents to NPCs
- Mine for ores and jewels in dark maze like caves.
- Explore forests to gather wood to upgrade your house and build furniture
- Catch and collect many types of bugs in the world for special items.
- Go digging for lost artifacts on the island for the local museum.
- Gather materials to craft your own clothes
- Go fishing for many different types of fish in the lake, rive or ocean
- Interact with and build relationships with NPCs
- Court NPCs you may want to marry and move in to help with the farm.
- Have kids and raise them with different personalities.
- Go on many different types of quests not just errands, mystery, match-making, NPC personal quests etc.
- Play in multiplayer mode and visit our player houses
- Do mini games with other players in multiplayer mode
A couple of bugs slowed us down, but we're still making progress.
We didn't get to develop a variety of things this time around because of some serious bugs which caused engine crashes and it was a complete headache for Jayden. Thankfully they have all been fixed and taken care of and we managed to get some new content together at the last minute. Special thanks to Jayden who pulled some all nighters to get stuff down.
NEWEST DEMO VIDEO
Bulletin Board System
We set up a randomly generated bulletin board system. The board will always have 6 quests everyday for the player to choose from and they will swap out with new ones ever so often. We also set up a quest window so the player can keep track of their quests when they grab them from the bulletin board. Later when we add the NPCs we will be able to work on actually completing those quests and receiving various rewards from the quests.
We set up the basics for when a player shops. Shops will randomly rotate new items to sell ever so often. The player can click on an item, buy it with their gold and the npc at that shop will say something after purchase. The NPC also knows if the player does not have enough gold for their purchase as well.
New crop plant models
We've started working on the plant models to replace our placeholder text as crops are growing in the soil. So far we have started 27 models with most having all four stages finished. This will be a work in progress as we try to model and tweak the plants to look as close as possible to what they look like in real life while having optimization limitations.
Other things being developed
- Development for hair and clothing for the NPCs and character customization.
- Entering all the info and icons for items in the game
- New animations
- New music for Wahoo Beach
What we have lined up to work on for next month!
- Polishing up the farming by adding watering, crops wilting, harvesting crops upon completion.
- New animations
- New music
- Crop Models
- Player housing completed
Our monthly development report for our game Pumpkin Online.
This is a report of everything Pumpkin Online did in November as well as a demo video of what we have been working on. Check it out :3
Engine Switch to Unreal with some game design changes. Really great progress made so far in only a month.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.