Post Mortem Pixels
Based in Brazil
April 27 2017
NEXT JUMP is a turn-based, tactics Shoot 'em up for people who are bad at SHMUPs, but love them. Do space-jumps and chase the vicious Dragons who stole all the stock of Beverage from the Galaxy and now are running away!
It started in a game jam, StencylJAM 15.
I wanted to make a shmup that anyone could play, I love the genre but I suck at it. At the time I was playing "Jeanne d'Arc" and I thought it was a good idea to mix the two genres: Shmups and Tactics.
Jam finished and I was third place. Not only that but many people loved the game, I had a very positive feedback.
Hence, I decided to review the whole design and make a game more robust and complete, only now for PC.
- It's a Tactics SHMUP!
- A excellent Coffee break game.
- Be a pilot of the Bastards Federation: A group formed by the Elves, Humans, Dwarves and Orcs who used to live in peace, sharing their love for all Beverages.
- Your mission: JUMP! Chase the Dragons and stop them from running away with all that is most sacred to the Bastards by jumping from sector to sector, facing hordes of enemies in turn based battles!
- Each Sector is a Board! Each given “jump” represents a new combat board generated procedurally, simulating combat situations only seen in Shmups!
- Pick from four playable Ships, all inspired by classic weapons: The Ballista, Dagger, Hammer and Staff.
- Equip and Upgrade your ship with different weapons and accessories that change the combat dynamics!
- Not only inspired by the classic Shmups and Bullet Hells, it’s also influenced by tactical games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne d’Arc and Roguelikes like FTL and Crypt of the NecroDancer.
- Like the classic games of the past, it has a complete MANUAL, accessible within the game!
NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics - Release trailer YouTube
NEXT JUMP Shmup Tactics -- Greenlight Trailer YouTube
What Is NEXT JUMP - Shmup Tactics? YouTube
NEXT JUMP: Red Legionnaires - Free Update Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Brazilian Game - Finalist" BIG Festival 17
- "Bite-sized with bite, I say jump in."
- Alex Connolly, Stately Play
Post Mortem Pixels allows for the contents of NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics is legally & explicitly allowed by Post Mortem Pixels. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.indiedb.com/games/next-jump-shmup-tactics/presskit.
YouTube Channel youtube.com/channel/UCNHJGt_R6c6tzU5zLDxaJ1Q.
Dev log on Tumblr nextjump-game.tumblr.com.
Steam store page store.steampowered.com/app/624690.
Itch.io store page postmortempixels.itch.io/nextjump.
About Post Mortem Pixels
Post Mortem Pixels is mostly a "label" where Filipe Dilly and (occasionally) others makes games. We try to create highly systemic games with interesting design and visuals.
More information on Post Mortem Pixels, our logo & relevant media are available here.
NEXT JUMP: Shmup Tactics Credits
Luís Felipe Garrocho
Intro design and Lore
João Paulo Diniz Borges
Japanese VO and Translations