Receive Steam key to activate the game. Miner Wars 2081 is a 6DOF action-survival space-shooter simulation-game set in the year 2081, 10 years after the destruction of all planetary objects in the Solar System. You operate an advanced mining ship in a fully destructible and open-world environment, which remains persistent as you complete missions or play online with others. Realism and survival are key aspects of gameplay. Inventory and the way you use resources such as fuel, ammunition, oxygen, ore, and weapons are important when surrounded by dozens of warring factions. The gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single player, co-op, and death-match multi-player. The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
Today, on this auspicious Thursday, we’re announcing a very special update to the test build that will make Miner Wars: 2081 start to feel a little more like a game: game-play!
Posted by MinerWars on Feb 2nd, 2012
It's time again to follow the white rabbit into the belly of the beast! (Or, something like that, but not quite so scary). Today, on this auspicious Thursday, we're announcing a very special update to the test build that will make Miner Wars: 2081 start to feel a little more like a game: game-play!
That's right, folks; there's now a ‘prototype mission' in the test build! You will get to balance protecting your mother ship, harvesting ore, and traveling to a different sector to retrieve a foundation factory, which will allow you to build a new station in the home sector and scare off those baddies for good! Well, who knows, they might want revenge.
Also, today we are introducing Phase 5 of the (in)famous Frontline Developer Program: Music Contribution! Win some cash and a free copy of the game! (Details below).
Let's see what the boys are cooking up in their laboratory of awesome:
- First mission prototype: protect your mother ship, then travel to a different sector;
get a foundation factory from the smuggler, travel back to the original sector.
- Mother ship can now be destroyed! (And will repair itself over time).
- Destructible prefabs - enhanced visual effects with better particles and lighting.
- HUD warns you if you're low on fuel, oxygen.
- Two bots (friendly ships) fly with you and help you to eradicate your enemies!
- Overall scene brightness tweaked and polished to set just the right mood, (while letting you see where you're going!).
- Weapon damage and ship parameters balanced, (e.g. if you fill up the cargo bay, your ship will gain weight and will move slower).
- Journal screen more readable.
- Game difficulty balanced - in Easy, your aim is more precise and bots will damage you very slowly. In Hard, your aim is more realistically scattered and bots do more damage.
- Solar system map - better navigation, bookmarks, mission objectives.
- Editor - you can now place spawn points and waypoints for AI.
- New prefabs! Temple, church, hospital, Japanese tower building.
Keep in mind that only those who have pre-ordered Miner Wars: 2081 can see these updates right away, and influence day to day development with their feedback. Others will have to wait for the public release, (which doesn't come out nearly as often).
Pre-orders are still available for less than half the final price, so if you haven't secured your copy of the game yet, let us show you what we're doing today!: Minerwars.com
We have also updated Team section of our website with the recently joined programmers, please feel free to check it and get a more up-to-date vision of our studio: Minerwars.com
Frontline Developer Program - Phase 5: Music Contributions
Get your work into the upcoming AAA title, Miner Wars: 2081!
Think you have what it takes to get your track side by side with the music of Descent-and-Freespace-alumni, Dan Wentz? This is your time to shine!
Here's what you have to gain, (besides the ‘street cred'):
- 1st Place: 100 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 3000 QP
- 2nd Place: 75 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 2000 QP
- 3rd Place: 50 USD Reward + Full Miner Wars 2081 game + 1500 QP
Submissions should be more or less appropriate for the setting and game-play. What would you want to hear while you play Miner Wars?
Well, that's it from us for the time being. Next time we'll try to include some more racy photos.
Don't forget, you can still pre-order Miner Wars MMO at our official website store for a special discount of 19.99 USD: Minerwars.com