Conquer the high seas in this post-apocalyptic infinite water world where you must fight, build, and craft to survive. Explore an endless ocean while fighting off pirates in this rogue-like adventure. Can you tame Landless?
You’ve just escaped from the Waster pirates. Alone, you find yourself on a fishing boat with a familiar voice that comes on the radio that helps guide you to your first town…
Prepare to embark on an odyssey of epic proportions as you explore an infinite ocean filled with life and treasures.
A rogue-like experience that will ensure many hours of gameplay. Every start is your own!
Survival at it’s core. A heavy focus on survival such as maintaining subsistence for yourself. Build shelters, buoys, and beyond. Craft equipment parts for your boat and other items. Maintain your boat by keeping it repaired and topped off.
MAN VS NATURE
(AND NATURE’S PISSED!)
A battle against the environment! Humans were not meant to live in the ocean. Rip roaring currents that can cause the strongest vessels to capsize. How can you survive such unforgiving elements?
TOWNS AND PEOPLE
Civilization! Discover other survivors (NPC) in the world. Trade with random traveling merchants. Explore other survivor’s homes and shops, as well as other points of interests.
Watch as the infinite ocean world form before your very eyes! Constantly with pirates roaming about. Sea creatures of great sizes to hunt. The ocean is your playground!
STORYLINE AND CONTRACTS
Follow a storyline at your own pace! Do what you can to establish a base and stockpile before progressing through the story. Accept randomly generated contracts that can give you nice rewards for killing a group of Wasters or collecting some shark teeth.
CUSTOM AND MODULAR BUILDING
Create your own boathouse. Using a custom raft, you can start building walls and furniture to give yourself a home or an outpost, or even a sniper tower to pick off Wasters!
Hack your blueprints. Learn new blueprints and progress through your own tech tree by hacking EcoTech servers with a command prompt. Equip the appropriate parts to increase your chances of success!
[NEWLY ADDED] DEEP SEA HORRORS [NEWLY ADDED]
Craft and don an Atmospheric Diving Suit (A.D.S.) and dive 1000 fathoms below the ocean surface and discover the Old World! But be careful, who knows what lurks in the abyss…
DON’T BELIEVE, JUST WATCH
Join us on this odyssey as we roll out these updates. Watch this game unfold before your eyes just like the world of Landless.
These are the remaining features planned for Landless. However, as the community grows, so too will Landless! Once the remains are complete, we will be applying another layer of development on the game that will begin improving graphics, animations, and gameplay.
Be the guiding hand in the development process and help us achieve an incredible and complete game. This is the early access to invest in!
Get ready to experience the thrill of the hunt!
STEAM WORKSHOP/MORE BUILDING FEATURES
Create your own settlement and protect your people from the hazards of Landless!
Every story needs an end. How will you end it?
ALPHA 0.34 PATCH 6
Hacking has been changed to a mini-game instead of the RNG Dos window. Player will need to unlock layers of security consecutively to succeed the hack. Higher Amplify Stat helps reduce the number of layers you need to bypass.
Signal booster has been changed to signal disruptor and will instead prevent hacking drones from coming when you fail your next hack. Additionally hacking drone incoming range has been extended by 200%.
We’ve gotten a lot of feedback on the hacking and we feel making it skill based as opposed to RNG based was the right approach. Now players who have been practicing on their fishing will find the hacking more practical.
Added post-processing effects, This include anti-aliasing, minimal motion blur, a miniscule of graining, a tad of color grading, and a dash of bloom. If you or your computer doesn’t like them, you can turn them off in the settings in-game.
Also changed ocean to light blue color. Some may wonder why not that deep dark blue. Well we tried and it just doesn’t look that well. I guess you could say it doesn’t look that great in real life either, so we picked something that would add better contrast with other objects and make exploring more accessible.
Equipment Stat Scaleback
All equipment stats have been changed. Significantly nerfing primary components and buffing secondary components. This scale back is intended to prepare for the great loot overhaul as well as custom boats coming 0.36. Soon loot and crafting recipes will also be scaled back as well in the future.
So let’s get to the Notes
- Text size of Tutorials expanded
- Drinking and driving returns the bottle
- HUDs are click and draggable, put them wherever however you like!
- Gun wield changed to z from f, player will no longer disarm when using doors
- Fixed savegame recognition. There was a problem when players would manually manipulate the save datas in the folder knocking the ids out of order. Game will automatically reorder if moved out of order now.
- Added wood ash text
- Removed Salter Lab “Breath of Cthulhu” mechanism, well reintroduce at a later time.
-Added makeshift batteries text
- Refined boat colliders some more, so players can shoot near the exterior hull
- Crafting times reduced for building parts and processed parts to 2 seconds from 5 seconds
- Sound effects added for opening and closing loot containers
- Loot containers will now display “empty” once player has looted and comes back to it
- Achievements now working, finally, sorry about the long delay
- Turtle delivery loot now has sound effect
- Repair sound added when player repairs the boat
- Trade merchants are now properly spawning on their rafts
- Sound effects added to items when they move between storage and inventory, vice versa
- Backend clean-up for the HUDs so they would align better when resizing
- Clicking on craft max would calculate part of the ingredients, this is no longer the case and looks to make sure you have all the ingredients
- Minimap Icons added for orcas, sharks, wasters, and salters
- Orcas no longer get stuck in town, they are affected by the creature deterrent as well
- Alternative A.D.S. Harpoon ammo added. They can be researched and crafted. Press and hold “R” while in the A.D.S. suit to bring up a radial menu where you can click on the ammo you wish to use. The default ammo is still unlimited but will be changing over time. We just need to get some gameplay data.
- Screen turns black and white when the player reaches below 20% health
- Adjusted lightings on sunsets to persist until the moon gets to higher position where it can project its light on the entirety of the scene.
- Giant worm now despawns over time, so if it falls on you and traps you, just wait until it despawns
- Rafts that sink instead of being destroyed will now count towards the contract totals
- Missing buoys fixed. This was caused by the buoyant forces propelling the buoys into space after reappearing in the scene.
- Confirm amount shows total amount
- Engine now consumes less fuel while idle
- Hydro turrets will no longer shoot at objects far away underwater
- Take all button added to the storage
- Dive Suits and Merchant Interactions are now working properly
- Contracts no longer bug out and change the logs on relog. This was caused by an error. So players may have experienced other problems with the game after uncovering this bug. It’s fixed now, so any problems stemming from it would be fixed as well. Issue originally came from when players collected contract rewards.
- All Standard equipment (Separate from waster and salter) have had their tech point requirements reduced by 40%
Notes: UI is starting to get a lot less clunky, looting materials will feel a bit easier now. There’s still a stickiness with the “F” key and that is because we use it as multiple keybinds, We are looking at changing some hotkeys around to get rid of the stickiness once and for all.
Notes 2: 0.35 Experimental 2 is coming out later today. It will feature the same thing as Patch 6, except it will have the Leviathan enabled, so be ready for that guys ;) 1 more week before the big update! Are you guys ready hunt down sperm whales, mega sharks, and leviathans? I know I am!
We’ve got Map System, Buoyancy Mechanic, Multiple Profiles, Tutorial Redo, HUD relayout, and of course many many fixes!
Another Day, Another Patch. Except this one comes with a whole new town! And not only do you get a new town, but you also get a reason to go there!
Ever wonder where all those wasters are coming from? Well now you know! These things are procedural as well. These floating mini fortresses will give...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.