• Register

Claire is lost and terrified as she and her dog find themselves in a warped reality that is a nightmarish reflection of their own. Alone and hunted from an unknown force lurking in the darkness, Claire's only hope comes from helping the forlorn people she comes across. But as Claire searches for a way out, she begins to unravel a connection between herself, the people she is trying to redeem and the force stalking her from the shadows. Features: - Play as Claire through multiple ages of her life. - Future custom-level creation content. - Use light-based weapons to fight off the shadows. - Panic level-based sounds and visuals. - Work together with Claire's pet German Shepherd - Survival horror elements such as needing to find caffeine and panic items. - Talk to and try to redeem people you come across with multiple dialogue options. - Multiple endings based on your choices and redemption. - Multiple game difficulties. Nightmare Mode, NewGame+

Forum Thread
Bug test (v0.144) (Games : Claire : Forum : Bugs : Bug test (v0.144)) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 22 2014 Anchor

Edit: This is actually v0.145.

Hey! I just picked this up and love the art. It's fantastic, especially the noise and glitchy effects. Really excited for it to come out.

Since you said this build is mostly for testing, I figured I'd make a list of the bugs I encounter and post them here. You may be aware of some of them, but they weren't listed in the Known Bugs section of your update thread. Let me know if there's any additional info that would help. :)

-In the first scene with the dog, after he barks at the shadows and Claire stands up, I can't move to the right to proceed. I replayed it a few times and encountered the same problem.
-Frequent console error: "IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range."
-Pressing P turns off the music, but does not turn it back on-Note text leaves the screen (Santa's note specifically)
-Curtain to the far left in mom's hospital room is layered behind Claire, but the one to the right is layered in front (possibly intentional but it seems odd)
-Selecting Load completely disables Esc

Edited by: burtz87

Jan 23 2014 Anchor

Thanks burtz!

Do you know when you're getting the "indexOutOfRangeException"?

P is there to erase save data for public testing, it however seems that it is unneeded. I probably should have noted that somewhere in the build, so it likely caused a lot of problems. Will simply remove it in the next build.

We disabled loading because it was causing a few problems, but the save/load system works properly in the new update.

Edited by: HailstormGames

Jan 23 2014 Anchor

Going quickly through, I got the indexOutOfRangeException:

-In the coffee room, when Claire says "I miss sleeping in my own bed."
-Three times when the elevator is falling (when she says "Ahhhhhh," right before it drops offscreen)
-At the moment I hit the barrier by the dog (basically as soon as I tried moving after standing up)

This time I actually got past the part with the dog by holding right and spamming jump, and was able to progress and find the flashlight with no issue. However, I went back and pushed the movable box around, pushed it past the room boundary on the right and got trapped in the blackness outside of the room.

Edited by: burtz87

Jan 23 2014 Anchor

Thanks for the update. Will take a look, have fixed a few of the issues already at least. Will post an updated game file sometime tomorrow.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

For v.20 don't click on the items in the menu. You instantly die and it's game over if you do. Has already been brought to our attention, just letting everyone else know.

Jan 24 2014 Anchor

I think it's only the Doctor's Keycard, other items should work fine.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.