Band of Drones keeps the basic mechanics of traditional turn based squad tactics gameplay and goes beyond it with character and weapons development.
Join the fight for the underground riches of planet Crixius! The Zentris have already placed their drones around several locations, you need to infiltrate their outposts and kick them out of there!
- Command a squad of 6 different drones, each with unique powers and specifications.
- Evolve your drones along your campaign, purchasing upgrades to their powers and weapon handling capabilities.
- Purchase new weapons and upgrade the ones you have, from a selection of cannons and missile launchers.
- Get mods for your weapons to improve their performance.
- Different mission goals such as assassination, resource recovery, militar escorting and more.
- Create your own levels/missions with the included level editor.
- Non-linear single player campaign (with story), spawning 20 missions over 4 scenarios.
- Multiplayer mode, play as Alien or Human in up to 4 player battles online
Feedback is welcome, please let us know what you think!
Yikes, some 6 months since last update? No matter, let's go straight to the good news. Band of Drones is now entering alpha testing phase!
All artwork, audio and code is in place, except for bugs, multiplayer and feature creeping, so the plan is to get an alpha version out for sale (likely with discount) within the next few weeks. In the meantime, there's a new screenshot for you to enjoy. This is the human underwater mines on planet Crixius, I love the background on this level!
Latest tweets from @kiritsugames
Status update: Been working hard on structuring mod support, so it will be as easy as possible to cre... T.co
Feb 17 2013, 9:06pm
BoD website goes live! You'll get some more info on the background story and universe setting. T.co
Dec 18 2012, 12:00pm
Dec 16 2012, 10:17pm
BoD at Indie Game Mag: T.co
Dec 11 2012, 4:44pm
And BoD is up on Steam Greenlight, check out the new gameplay trailer and screenshots: T.co
Dec 9 2012, 12:14am
Band of Drones, new screenshots and page up at indieDB T.co
Nov 25 2012, 1:24pm
Convince Dino to kickstart new Kick Off and Player Manager T.co
Apr 18 2012, 5:26pm
@cliffski One of these days, you should apply to a patent for the use of the word gratuitous in games and become a patent troll ;)
Jan 4 2012, 7:06am