• Register

3089 is a futuristic, procedurally generated, open-world action role-playing game. All terrain, enemies, weapons, items, quests & more are uniquely generated. You are a promising robotic android design, made by the Overlord, placed on planet Xax. Your performance in common combat, support & intel scenarios is being closely watched. However, will you become too much for them to handle? What else on planet Xax exists that the Overlord doesn’t know about?

Forum Thread
3089 v0.94a: New combat content & more! (Games : 3089 : Forum : Annoucements : 3089 v0.94a: New combat content & more!) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 15 2013 Anchor

Hey all,

This update is all about new combat content with a few other improvements sprinkled in. You'll find new variations in weapon graphics & new weapon abilities!

Leech will allow you to absorb some health as a percentage of damage you deal to enemies. Corrosion acts like poison damage -- you land a hit with a corrosive weapon, and that target will continue to take damage over time. Stunning acts like it did before, but now instead of 100% chances of stun with daggers, the chance of stun is variable and it applies to more weapons. Swords can now also get a "Reflect Shots" ability: if you are looking at incoming shots with your sword in hand, and you are not attacking with it, you might reflect those shots where you are looking and take no damage! You can also hit enemies with reflected shots :)

I've also made some fixes & improvements to multiplayer gaming. Check here for all changes: 3089game.wordpress.com

I'm looking into a new way to generate terrain which may improve performance & terrain details... we'll see how that goes. I'm also planning on expanding multiplayer & get things like constructions & quests to be synced correctly. I'm also investigating Oculus Rift support, so stay tuned!

OK, back to work!

- Phr00t

EDIT: v0.95a is coming to fix the grappling hook bug

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.