• Register

3089 is a futuristic, procedurally generated, open-world action role-playing game. All terrain, enemies, weapons, items, quests & more are uniquely generated. You are a promising robotic android design, made by the Overlord, placed on planet Xax. Your performance in common combat, support & intel scenarios is being closely watched. However, will you become too much for them to handle? What else on planet Xax exists that the Overlord doesn’t know about?

Forum Thread
3089 v0.93a: Multiplayer progress! (Games : 3089 : Forum : Annoucements : 3089 v0.93a: Multiplayer progress!) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 9 2013 Anchor

Hey all,

Multiplayer should now be playable! Lots of work went into synchronizing the basics between players, but there is still much work to be done. Robots, boxes, weather, behavior, damage, flying, grappling hooks, hoverboards, telelocators, weapons & more should all sync up to make for a fun multiplayer experience. However, more advanced & planned features like trading items, sharing quests and the "merge" mode haven't been implemented yet. Also, things might be a little jumpy, particularly with flying guys at times. Please report any feedback with multiplayer gaming!

The multiplayer system uses Twitter to match up players -- make sure you guys follow @3089game to see when players are starting new games & looking to play multiplayer!

I've also made some tweaks to reduce burden limitations (thanks to feedback, including Fedora G4mer's video). Complete changes can be viewed here!

What is next? I hope to add a bit more variety to the weapons, maybe add some new projectile types. I also want to get more multiplayer features implemented.

OK, back to work!
- Phr00t

EDIT: I'm going to change the color of the other player from purple to a light gray

Aug 15 2013 Anchor

When I first got the notification that 0.93a came out I skipped the download because I was just checking out my Desura feed at the time, and figured "oh, it's ok, I'll grab that later..."

Now I can't get the game to update...? Any idea what I've done, or how to fix it?

Also, on the topic of questions: will we need a twitter account to connect to multiplayer for the moment, or can we still get by without one?

Aug 15 2013 Anchor

What happens when you try to update? Do you get some kind of error?

No Twitter account needed (which is different than 3079) -- 3089 has its own Twitter account it communicates with :)

I'm hoping to release the next update today with lots of goodies :)

Aug 18 2013 Anchor

Just so the question isn't dangling (and in case it helps someone in the future): either Desura or the game simply didn't recognise that there was a 0.93 update required. I'm not sure if that's because I X'ed out of the "would you like to update now" box, or what caused it.

I had no problem downloading 0.94 however, and the new goodies were indeed... er, good (doesn't seem like a strong enough word, but I don't want to spiral offinto hyperbole so I'll leave it at that) :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.