• Register

3089 is a futuristic, procedurally generated, open-world action role-playing game. All terrain, enemies, weapons, items, quests & more are uniquely generated. You are a promising robotic android design, made by the Overlord, placed on planet Xax. Your performance in common combat, support & intel scenarios is being closely watched. However, will you become too much for them to handle? What else on planet Xax exists that the Overlord doesn’t know about?

Forum Thread
3089 Update: Starting Classes & Multiplayer Fixes (Games : 3089 : Forum : Annoucements : 3089 Update: Starting Classes & Multiplayer Fixes) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 6 2013 Anchor

Hey guys,

Lots of quick updates coming in! I'm working on improving the game for new players -- I agree that 3089 has a tough learning curve and the game is a bit difficult, so I'm taking steps to resolve that. Now, players can start with pre-defined skill point assignments for common playstyles, like gunners & ninjas. This will allow players to get right into the action without having to worry about which skills should go where -- if you want to shoot guns, pick the "Gunner" class, for example. Of course, you can still choose the "Custom" option to start with 12 available skill points (up from 10). I've also reorganized the "Quick Tips" section and stressed how important it is to just spend a few seconds reading these points over -- we need to make sure players know red guys are friendly and there is a "Run" key! :-)

ss_classes

I've also fixed a few bugs, like the automatic BMT Micro updating buttons not working correctly. Check out all the changes on the version history!

Also, big news with 3079 getting greenlit on Steam -- now it is time to get 3089 on Steam!

OK, back to work!
- Phr00t

Edited by: Phr00t

Nov 10 2013 Anchor

Gots a couple of bugs for ya this time. Firstly, consumable items, if used while stored in a crate, will become "complete" and then never run out. They wont work quite as normal in this state, providing no instant effect, but they'll start the over-time regen going. Taking them out of the crate and using them once they're "complete" will still not cause them to break. They dont vanish upon save/load or anything like that.

Also, I had one point where I died, respawned at the backup, but all of the stations in the building were dead. The holograms that mark them were gone, they were just the grey boxes on a pole. Couldnt interact with any of them. Teleporting back home, and then back to that building turned them on again.

Overall, going well otherwise. The timerip addition gets better the more I mess with it. I find that this mechanic also finally makes it actually valuable/useful to cross terrain on foot instead of flying everywhere, because now there are clock things to find and grab. Their rarity level and effect level seem very well balanced out. I find myself going a bit out of my way if I spot a green one somewhere in particular. Or whichever gives 3 seconds.

Oh, and the gravgun is fun, heh. Those explosive crates do tremendous damage. I could swear they were doing 2000+ in an area where enemies probably dont have more than about 200 health. It was pretty awesome. Though, I notice it tends to lose it's grip really easily? Is it supposed to do that?

Nov 10 2013 Anchor

Got that consumables bug fixed in development, thank you for the report!

I'm working on reproducing the other bugs... haven't yet :|

Glad you are enjoying the other stuff! Hope to have another update in a day or two.

Nov 11 2013 Anchor

Misery55 wrote: Also, I had one point where I died, respawned at the backup, but all of the stations in the building were dead.

It happend to me as well, except I didn't die, just teleported back to backup.

Edited by: kulomiot

Nov 11 2013 Anchor

Ok, there's one other thing I've run into. I've got a building, buncha stations in it, and it's one of those ones where a tree or whatever sorta spawned in/through it, as happens sometimes. Well, there's supposed to be a workstation in with the others, but it's just not there. I'm thinking that it's actually in the tree, because there's nowhere else it could be.

This is in a building that was generated in this version, too.

Nov 11 2013 Anchor

Miser55, what is the name of that world (case sensitive) and coordinates of that building?

Nov 11 2013 Anchor

Here you are:
SEED: Lobo (capital L, lower case obo)
x:355
y:77
z:-448
This is a tower, with access to second floor blocked by a terrain intersecting with a building.

Nov 11 2013 Anchor

The world name is Misery23957 and the building coordinates are

X: -1455
Y: 146
Z: 2638

Nov 11 2013 Anchor

I made some changes in the release I'm putting together now that caused some differences in world generation... we'll have to double-check these areas (and future ones) to see if the problem persists. Thanks guys!

Nov 12 2013 Anchor

In my case second floor of the tower is still blocked. I deleted old save and generated a new world.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.