• Register
Forum Thread
Source Engine 2? (Forums : General Banter : Source Engine 2?) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 11 2016 Anchor

Does anybody know what the latest is on Source Engine 2? Last I heard was that DOTA 2 was being ported across onto the engine and that their author tools are now run on Source 2.0. Would really like to see some news about engine release dates, specs, etc. Are they still likely going to follow their plans to release it for free to developers? Just feel like it's been somewhat dead around the topic as of late. I guess VR has taken up a lot of the limelight.

Edited by: Sorbitar

Oct 12 2016 Anchor

I don't know the latest on Source 2 per say. Last I heard about was some leaked glass breaking tech.

A Valve news site might know? The only one I really know off the top of my head is the YouTube channel Valve News Network, but I assume there's others.

Oct 12 2016 Anchor

The latest I know about Source 2 is that it still has yet to be released outside of the DOTA 2 workshop and tools.

TKAzA
TKAzA Rightio then...
Oct 13 2016 Anchor

|Steam dev days are on right now maybe more information will be released, I think they are focusing on VR tech, there was some photogrammetry shown off last i saw.

Oct 13 2016 Anchor

ah yeah, I forgot that it was steam dev days at the moment. fingers crossed there will be some more news about source 2 release, spec, etc.

Dec 21 2016 Anchor

It'l be pushed back like Source 1 was over and over again originally. Theirs a source 2 engine out there though just a matter of time before its released... Whenever that will be :rolleyes:

Edited by: Polyesta

Jan 4 2017 Anchor

It'l be pushed back like Source 1 was over and over again originally. Theirs a source 2 engine out there though just a matter of time before its released... Whenever that will be :rolleyes:

Well fingers and toes crossed we'll get some kind of news. Even if it is just another delay confirmation.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.