• Register
Forum Thread
Programmer looking for 1-2 month collaboration (Forums : Recruiting & Resumes : Programmer looking for 1-2 month collaboration) Locked
Thread Options
Jun 26 2016 Anchor

Hi there, I'm Jordan "Traslogan" Martin and I'm looking for a short collaboration / project as a programmer.

I've recently finished a Higher National Diploma in Computer Games Development with an A grade and I focus on Java and C# programming in my spare time. Around the end of August I will be progressing onto university to study Games Production and Management and I would like to fill the time between then and now with a games project that I could assist with.

I have worked on projects in the past, making use of my knowledge in the Unity Engine with C# programming:

Nandro-Death-Stealer, a game made around 6 days for GameBoy Jam: Gamejolt.com

Yonder MMO, a sandbox MMO revolving around skills and terraforming that was made as a prototype as a display of skill: Youtube.com

On Nandro I was the sole programmer and on Yonder I assisted lightly in programming but primarily focused on design and management work.

To this end I am interested in hearing about small game projects with the Unity engine where I could be the sole programmer. I'm not looking for pay, but also not looking for a full-time and long-term project also. Ideally something that could be mostly complete by End of August / Start of September and would be for folios sake mostly.

To note I am also based in Scotland and thus working on GMT timezone, though personally I work late into the night and prefer to be dormant in the morning therefore it is possible for me to work closer to American time zones.

So whether you're an artist that just wants to do a small collaboration on something with a programmer or a small team who needs to fill their main programmer role on a small project, I'd like to hear about it!

You can message me on this forum post or message me directly here on indiedb and I will try and get back to offers as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing from folks!

Edited by: Traslogan

Jun 27 2016 Anchor

Well,

Being the solo programmer will be hard, especially if you want to find something so short term.

Out of school, most projects tent to take longer, 6-12 months, especially if your talking about making something respectable with unity 3D

In addition this add,I'd suggest you roam around and find a project that fits your timeline size and scope.

Good luck...

PS.

proof read your AD

Edited by: GeneralJist

Jul 2 2016 Anchor

Hello, :)

i would love to work with you,

im 2d artist working on game.

Please write to my mail: pawlosyt@gmail.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.