Before we can get into creating some advanced SkyDomes we must first master some advanced texturing techniques that can be used on characters, buildings, props, etc. to improve the graphical quality of your game assets.
In this two part video you will learn the following:
- What a diffuse map is and how it works.
- What a normal map is and how it works.
- What a specular map is and how it works.
- What a height map is and how it works.
- How to configure existing/new materials with advanced mappings.
- Use program CrazyBump to automatically create basic maps of all required types from your diffuse textures.