Wow, this week has flown by so quickly. If there's one consistent and undeniable truth in game dev, it's the fact everything takes at least twice as long as you expected it to. That, and the fact it's really easy to get sidetracked into doing something completely different than what you had planned.
This week has been a bit like that. I started laying the literal foundations for the fusion reactor, but while I was working on the flooring I noticed the wall panels were outdated and no longer lined up with the between-deck trim. "That won't take long to sort out," I told myself, but after making some new panels I then remembered I also wanted to model the distribution hardware as part of the panel, and that little rabbit hole soon lead to me remodelling both of the distributors completely.
With the new panel-mounted hardware now modelled, I then figured it would be as good a time as any to move them to their final locations, making room for the vertical HVAC conduit (which I also then modelled). This of course meant the electrical cabling needed to be moved as well, which in fact ended up being every single cable in the Reactor Room. I think it was worth the effort in the long run though, as the final hardware layout is much tidier;
The Reactor Room is definitely starting to take shape now, although at the same time there's still quite a lot of equipment to be added. Let's see how much more of that we can get done this week :)