How easier? Well, if you read the previously posted "On Thirst & Hydration" post, you can get an idea on what changed and why.
Besides the water and thirst changes, there's lots of other changes, and I mean A LOT! Take a look at the changelog! There's close to 70 changes there. Some of the best stuff is as follows:
- You no longer move to fire bows (yes, there's more than one now!), instead, you can double click to fire them (provided you have the ammunition).
- Aberrant monsters now spawn (more at night/in caves/on treasure). They are doubly as strong (both defense/attack), always hostile, and can potentially drop rare items.
- Milestone system has been implemented. Special bonuses are given out on obtaining each one. More milestones will appear each release.
- Fixed a bug that always focused on the crafting filter when you opened the inventory window.
- The inventory now also has a filter option for name/group.
- A handful of new items have been introduced including a focus on Archery/Bowcrafting materials/weapons.
- You can now control + right click to attempt to drop all of the same type of items on the ground/container. You can also hold control while drag/dropping items for the same effect between containers/inventory.
- Ore veins now have the potential to be double the size.
- Items quickslotted will now re-quickslot on use if available from your inventory.
Do a hard refresh or clear your cache if beta 1.4 is still popping up for you.