- changed the graphics of the cab
- fixed the sand storm overlay while driving a car
- fixed an issue with full-screen running choppy
- don't even ask about the fix... it is dumb.
New Enemy: Sand Worms
Sandworms! I've been waiting to put these in the game. What sand game would complete without one?
You can find them in the skeleton and bandit sections.
- One of the most requested requests: Robot Deliverers
- These robots will automatically fill up your trade stalls with goods.
- Set a product and how much product you want to keep, hook up a powered switch and go!
- May be buggy. I haven't tested it a lot. For example, I am not sure what will happen if you have multiple stalls that are selling the same good [this just occurred to me while writing this :) ].
- Costs a little less other robots. Uses 1 power.
- Have more goods to sells and more money to buy.
- Adjusted for base level
- Reduced that amount of particles: improve performance
- Added the number of goods you have recently received (or lost) in the Good UI on the right.
- Reduced the size of pop-up text
- Rain comes randomly (probably too often so I'll adjust as we go)
- Rain also waters crops and makes things grow faster
- Rain fills up the new object 'rain barrel'.
Inventory System Created
- I've removed all your equipped gear and gave them to the orphans.
- I have also destroyed all your armor racks and made them un-build-able.
- Renamed your Weapon Racks to Gear Racks.
- Inventory has drag-able slots, You can drag non-armor into armor slots for now (doesn't do anything).
- You can drop items directly from your inventory via the drop slot.
- Tooltips are just place holders but tell you a little info.
- Everything is in a very 'alpha' style (aka ugly)
- You get two of them.
- Designing them was fun!
- Takes a little bit of a learning curve to use them but they now might be my favorite weapon to use
- Low damage (2)
- They will be adjusted later
Buzz Saws, Pressure Plates, Triangles, and Clouds
[this GIF shows everything that was added]
- I forgot to change the version number :)
- Added Saw Trap
- Right now only does 1 damage and has a high knockback
- Doesn't use power but will in the future. It will use a lot so you can't run it all the time.
- Damages everything including tumbleweeds and the player.
- Added Pressure Plate
- Triggers a device attached to it when the player, an enemy, an animal, etc. steps on it.
- NPCs don't trigger it.
- Added Angled Blocks
- Triangle wood blocks added
- Press B to flip it
- Hitboxes are a little off
- Added Clouds (or cloud shadows)
- First pass at adding clouds
- Not really happy with the shapes, but the system is in and working
- I had to hack together a shader to gets the clouds to mesh correctly
Camp Mate Jobs UPDATE:
- Completely revamped the Job system
- Added a new Item: Job Board
- This is where you will assign everyone's jobs.
- It can hang on the wall
- Added a tutorial mission to make player build this
- Removed old upgrade items (exploration and fitness)
- Added new upgrade item (player)
- Combined the two removed items into one menu.
- Removed most of the camp upgrades
- Added a new deploy-able item called camping Kit
- Item can be built from the tool workbench.
- This item can be put anywhere in the exploration zones. It allows you to sleep, eat, boil water, and cook food.
- This will replace the make a camp zone/button.
- You can pack up the camp and get it back into your inventory.
- Added gravestones
- I kind of want to make these spawn skellies at night so you can 'farm' them for loot.
- They work like a sign you can edit the text on them
- Added junk piles
- Right now there is just a junked up car
- it can be harvested for metal and rarely plastic
- more to come later
- Added a new job: Scavenger
- auto harvests junk piles
- Doors now work by walking through them. You no longer have to open or close them.
- If you run into any strange bugs let me know
- I might make gates the same way too
- I changed the way fences are saved. Hopefully, you won't lose any, but you might
- Llamas now stay seated when you get off of them (outside of a base)
- I brought back the car/llama radar that will point to the nearest llama or car if it is off the screen.
- I will modify this (this was in the game VERY early on)
- Solar panels are no longer solid and can be walked through
- Medium batteries are a thing
- Quests and story changes are still being worked on. Once I finish the missions for Anchor Rage I'll release the 0.4 version
- Added a few new missions.
- Added a new companion
- Ripley the Raider
- Shotgun user
- High health
- Rage Ability: after getting hit (4 times) she will increase her firing rate for a few seconds
- Ripley the Raider
- Fixed a lot of issues with gates and walls. You might have some invisible gates popping up, hopefully, I fixed all the ones in the mission maps. You should be able to enter build mode and right-click them to get rid of them.
- Mission references a Radar Dish. I am working on the art for it so it isn't in the game yet.
- Added in damage numbers when someone gets damaged. Let me know if you like them or want them to be different somehow.
- Added text versions of health and stamina
- Produces 'poop' that can be used for dirt.
- Traders will, after trading, sometimes need to use the outhouse for... reasons.
- 2 'deposits' will create one dirt (this could be adjusted). There is a limit to how much the outhouse can hold (20 poops or 10 dirt).
- I will probably make everyone need to poop [everyone poops]. If there is not an outhouse the campmates will poop on the ground.
- Also, the Custodian job will clean out the outhouses (not implemented yet).
- It is pretty slow BUT it could provide an easy early game way to get dirt.
- I'll probably make dirt more expensive in the future.
- Tutorial missions: removed the build a weapon cabinet and changed it to talk about NPC jobs and build an upgrade object
- Added mission to build a Veggie Pot to feed peeps
Overhauled The Path System:
- Should improve performance by FPS or more.
- If something looks wonky with the pathing let me know.
Refactor Shaders and Graphics
- Changed the way objects are outlined
- Removed the outline for interactive text
- This should also give an FPS boost
- Camp mate hunger now decreases over time and the more they work.
- They will have to eat to restore hunger
- If they don't eat they will slowly lose health and die
- Veggie Pot
- Place where campmates can eat veggies to heal and restore hunger. Also free healing for you.
- Ammo Box
- Used to refill ammo in base
- Cotton Tree:
- A new tree item to farm
- Takes a long time to grow and produces 2 cloth.
- Easy early farmable cloth method
- Woolies are still much more efficient.
- Haven't decided what job should do the cotton picking.
- Harvest tool is the scythe
- Ranged 'venom'
- Faster than bullets
- Might poison or slow in the future
- Lots of health
- Ranged 'venom'
- Melee with a bite
- low health
- Jumps to attack
- Touching it hurts
- Deadly to melee attackers
- Probably will split after death (not added in yet)
- Mobs of different types will attack each other Except the slimes. It only likes human flesh.
- Mob types and numbers are dependent on the base score (well really number of NPCs)
- Mobs don't start attacking until you have at least one other person.
- Raid times now vary from 5 to 8 minutes.
- A warning will be displayed 30 seconds before attack.
- Right now mobs just attack people. The idea is for them to also target crates and barrels to 'steal' goods.
Change to Market Booths:
- Q and E now add and subtract items
- R and F now switch items in the list
- The price option is temporarily removed.
- Holding shift will add 5 items