New story Events
Among the Stars features new types of encounters - space habitats. These large space stations that will serve as both points of interest and trading opportunities. In this version you can find one encounter with them, but more will follow in subsequent updates.
Ring density adjustments
You can find further improvements to local ring density and formations found in the game. Among the Stars includes regions that are dominated by large ringroids with very few small debris - at least until ringdivers start mining in there.
Bugs fixed and small changes
- Improved performance of the experience/skill system.
- Mineral Processing Units will now attempt to melt only items with water in them.
- You can now meet more than one event of the same class during your game.
- Fixed a bug that caused the performance to degrade if you kept the upgrade/tuning menu open for hours.
- Switching the smart camera when having the excavator open won't lock you in the max-zoom mode anymore.
- When flying without an astrogator, discovery notifications won't fire multiple times anymore.
- Docking arms now can rotate your ship.
- Your autopilot will now disengage automatically when you dock.
- Eagle Prospectors won't drift away in Enceladus screen anymore.
- Some places on screen ignored mouse clicks, making it difficult to pick certain starting locations.
- NANI tanks can now be depleted during ringdive.
- Ship inspection won't stop you from launching with broken NANI or Kzinti Lesson Mk2.
- Drive plumes are visible again for ships flying in the main menu screen.