Been another busy week, I still unfortunately don't have a huge amount to show for it since most of the work done has been ‘under the hood'. But Various bits are on there way:-
- Added ability to adjust unit speeds on the world map. Obviously this will all need to relevantly scaled to the game unit measurements.
- Created a prototype Calendar and Time Compression system. I now need to implement this into the main project.
- I'm in the process of merging ‘Patrol Line' and ‘Patrol Box' into one ‘Patrol Area' command. After playing with last weeks protype some more I figured, whats the point in having both separately.
- Done a little bit more work on the A Class Ship Model.
- Still pondering the overall GUI design. I have however quite radically adjusted the orders menu, which now means less clicks to navigate. My philosophy im using is trying to make sure every click/Action/Command does sommthing reasonably significant to dispel unnessary buttons and actions which may otherwise confuse the player.
Christmas is Coming!...Sadly for BotA
Just a heads up as Christmas is coming the updates on this project may well stop for awhile as I may be forced to put the project on hold temporarily. Never fear friends! im not bored with it already...spent to much time and money on it to get bored....but I work in Online Giftware retail and as half of a 2 man operation, you can imagine things will get manic for us and I will probably find myself working two or three, 7 day weeks, meaning my mind (and body?) will be too shot to work on BotA during the final weeks before the big day.
Things are beginning to pick up, but I hope I have another couple of weeks before work really gets in the way.
Thanks for following and have a good Week!