Meet Ganymedian Anarchy
The biggest feature of this release is the expansion of the Ganymedian Anarchy - the pirates - storyline. You can now find their base, get to know what are they up to, negotiate or fight them at their base. If you opt for combat, be warned - the fist of free ringas is not a force to be trifled with.
Introduction of a huge station that you can attack required some combat re-balances. We got new reactor leaks - now the game actually traces where your bullets hit, and the leak will push the ship around, just as any exhaust would. You can also now target parts of the ships and bases - such as reactors - with your autopilot, if you prefer to fly that way.
Improvements and bugfixes
As usual, this release adds a lot of smaller updates and bugfixes.
- I improved overall performance with some extra optimizations and told the storyteller module to be game performance aware, so it doesn't push the story forward if there is already a lot happening out there.
- We tuned autopilot a lot, as it was confused by some ship builds.
- Gimbaled thrusters got a rebalance and are now turning at the advertised speed, and will turn back to their default vector when not used.
- Camera on the Eagle Prospector now takes into account different dashboard and moves to compensate for it.
- I made sure all flames give out proper light.
- Fixed some rounding errors that could cause replaced part to still register as marginally broken.
- I re-wrote memory management from scratch. This is something you, as a player, have no way to notice directly, but it should improve both performance and stability of the game.