Changelog Part 5
Welcome back! Todays agenda is a big one, to say sorry for lack of updates for about a month!
- Broom mesh with animation and sound
- Counter object has stages of deterioration, and can be fixed
- New Options variable (UI Size)
- New logo on main Menu
- Reworked Barbarian AI size (Should no longer clip trough walls)
- Finally builds will have version numbers hooray!
- If previous saved free mode shop is found, load it on game start
- Save shop data when the shop closes it's doors
- Started going to the gym at 6 AM
- Various bug fixes
- Free Mode menu displays saved shop information
- Combat sounds
- New saving library, should be able to carry out to next builds
- Removed appeal loss check for now
- Fixed issues with Shop Keep state left side UI buttons being hidden if UI size set too big.
- Time change cycle limited to Free Mode only
- Load/Save Shop state data limited to Free Mode only
- New taxing system, additional gold amount numbers on top of current gold until I find a good place for them
- Customer spawn rate in free mode increases by 20 on each time of day if shop appeal is 60% or higher
- Shop appeal can be 100% at maximum (With the Popular skill acquired)
- Removed a separate scene for loading a level, it is now part of the Main Menu scene which darkens and shows a rotating cog (Will be changed later) and loads the level in which to play. Should have a smoother transition now
- Save and Load accumulated and outstanding tax on the end of the day
- Watch player state available in Free mode only, It shows that you can Press M to skip phases and continue building, as well as states how much it would cost
- Fixed starting with 0 gold bug, If no save data is found you will start with 5 times your current level gold. Building up your empire bit by bit.
- New Menu button style
- Changed logo in Splash
- Disabled the scenario button as it is totally broken with the day night cycle in place
- In cleaning/fixing state you are now presented with a hint of which button to press to equip Broom/Hammer
- Renewed Trello Gold subscription
- Fixed Accumulated tax not being removed on each tax iteration
- Updated Game Engine, has some fixes concerning AMD GPU's
- Barbarians now properly rotate to face the object they are hitting (Animation has no root in it for now, so as the barbarian is actually facing the object, the animation makes him rotate about 15 degrees to the left
- Ate some soup for breakfast
- Day phases last 5 minutes now instead of 10
- Barbarians no longer drop their swords
- Press O to spawn a big Barb called "Barbingantua" Acts as a usual barbarian, but unable to run and shakes the ground on every step, on death has 30% chance to drop a barbarian sword
- Remapped all AI navigation points for easier control
- Fixed pathing behind the front house
- Customers have a priority wish list, they will first search for the specific item in the shop and if found they will only take notice if the margin is fair, and buy it, for example, warriors now have a priority for a barbarian sword
- Barbarians will now spawn only when these conditions are met - each time 200 customers have spawned + shop appeal is higher than 70%
- Customers ignore items in objects that have 40 or lower durability
- If object durability is lower than 60 and a customer buys an item from it, they will get a 20% discount from the asking price (Skill +% and accumulated tax from each sale is calculated from the remaining 80% Gold from the sale)
- Fixed increasing day count in any time phase
- You can kill thieves and customers via sword now
- All barbarian types should correctly register that all the objects are destroyed and leave
- Barbingantua has 200 health and hits for 80+ damage
- Barbingantua is immune to zapping (Just pray)
- Customers now hold the barbarian sword item when bought
- Combat state engage sound
- You can now sweep with the broom whenever you like, it acts in a same way like the sword, just with anything that is dirty. body, skeleton, trash piles, cleans everything that is in front
- Bots can be picked up again
- Check your shop value below the appeal while in Shop Keep state
- Customer SPM receives + (Shop Value / 50), the more value you got, the more customers are being attracted
- Barbingantua will now spawn if the player deals 1000 or more damage to barbarians in a single play trough(Game instance, if you quit, and reload, the damage counter resets) - making this a realy rare enemy.
- Barbarians have their health increased to 50, player base damage is 25, meaning it is a 2 hit kill now
- Placing an object now costs Gold (List of cost will be given later, for now they are still free for 0 Gold)
- Placing an object emits VFX and a specific Sound for said object
- New stomp FX
Havent done this in a while hah. Been spending a lot of time settling in the UK and moving my whole life into another country, but the game was being developed in any way possible, some features were being fixed on a broken old laptop while waiting for a train in the station while it was raining. So let's dig in?
We can not clean without having a broom right? So we got our very first one in game, animated it and started cleaning up! In these changelogs it has been attached to the Cleaning/Fixing state and you would have to go into it and then press either Q or E to use either the Broom or Hammer, in the latest builds they both have separate states now!
The counter received it's modified textures for the various states of deterioration, and now whenever any object reaches 40% or lower durability customers will ignore any and all products in it, and if the durability is within 40 - 60% all sales will give the customer a 20% discount. Gotta keep everything maintained eh? Additionally the objects are priced now, and will let the player plan ahead where to spend their earnings.
Work started on a basic saving and loading feature for your own shop so you could stop and get some sleep or a bite to eat and come back next time to make your shop even better without losing progress! The shop get's saved once you reach a new day and enter the Build mode state. The main menu "My Shoppe" reveals saved shop info, more detail for it comes in the future.As the saving and loading works, it is limited to the "My Shoppe" mode only, scenarios should be beaten in one go(Don't worry, we are balancing them all out so they wont take hours upon hours). The watch state is a way for you to save your game faster without waiting for the day to pass, but depending on which phase you are it will cost you. The phases lasted for 10 minutes, now lowered to 5 minutes, having a single day last for 15 minutes not counting the Build phase which gives you full freedom.
Now you are selling items and getting taxed for the amount of profit, while you upgrade yourself and the shop by leveling up your maximum Tax amount will increase meaning you will be able to not pay the taxes for a longer time without suffering consequences.
The appeal rating now directly influences how many customers are going on and about near your shop. Get your appeal high enough and you will notice far more traffic outside your shop as the word spreads. And not counting the usual Wish List, customers sometimes have priority wishes, that will make them go straight into the shop and buy something they really want, without browsing or hesitating. You are able to check the appeal of your shop in the shop statistics panel, which as well shows how many bodies, dirt piles, skeletons are in your shop and the floor dirt level, shop value which goes toward increasing traffic as well!
The barbarians lost the ability to drop their swords when slain, why? Because they got a big bad boss running around named Barbingantua, slay enough barbarians and you will get a chance to meet the one who will have a 30% chance to drop the Barbarian sword, but getting past it's 200 health and 80+ damage barrier, oh and did I tell you that Barbingantua is immune to spells? Deal with it. The barbarians themselves spawn every each time you get 200+ customers spawned and the shop appeal is over 70%. They will begin raiding your shop and it is your choice to either defend it or just let them do their thing and then clean up! Once they done decimating your shop they will leave.
Thats it for now folks! The release for the Early Access is not more than 24 hours away, maybe even when this post reaches you it is already released! And we will have something more to show! Remember that this is a travel to the past posts, listing changelogs that are not the latest ones, but undocumented ones. We write up changelogs daily, and cant wait to post about them!
As always, stay tuned.