Hello all! As I told you in the last update, I was working on a custom model format. Today, in under 2-3 hours, I wrote a simple converter as well as loader for my format. It's a billion times better than my old one. I was finally able to get one of the environments loaded into my engine with no problems whereas before, I always received an out of memory exception. My custom model format is a binary. The original file for this environment was ~8MB. After being converted to my custom format, it is now ~2MB. After the first conversion, I was amazed! I also tested another file for fun which was 32MB and it took it down to 2.6MB!!! Incredible! lol I can now load the same file but it's smaller and better! Anyways, just wanted to post this. I know it's not much, but lol.
It is using a simple color shader right now. Now for textures, then onto animation. ;)