After a good bit of work this year, I finally finished and completed Drop It: Block Paradise for the Xbox One & Xbox Series S|X consoles. I'm really happy about how it turned out.
My biggest concern, beyond just getting the game to work, was to find out if this touch based puzzle game would work well with a controller. And for the most part it was ok, but I figured there had to be a better way to use a controller to play the game, especially for the harder levels. I then came up the idea of Chaining Blocks. Basically, using the buttons on the controller, you can hover over a block, add 1 or more to your Chain List with Y button, and then use the X button to remove the first one removed. This really helps give more control over to the player on when playing the game. I'm really proud of this feature, you can see this feature in action below.
- 5 Unique Worlds
- 150 Levels to Challenge your Wits!
- Special unlocks: Achievements, Music & Art
- Bonus Levels: 50+ Brand New Levels
- Chaining: A new way to complete levels with quick succession
- Level Editor: Create and share your own unique levels with others!
- Block Database: Play more levels online from around the world
You can find the game on Xbox.com here. Normally for $2.99, but you can currently get it for $1.49 as a special launch month of all of January.