About the technology
NeoAxis 3D Engine is integrated development environment of 3D projects of any type and complexity. The environment is intended for use in such areas as the creation of video games, the development of simulators, the development of virtual reality and visualization software. It includes a full set of tools for fast and logical development of modern 3D projects.
We're not only updating the engine with new features and polishing old ones, we are taking a new direction in the development of the engine by opening a component store where people can easily share their add-ons and we are changing the licensing to reflect what our users want.
With version 2.0, one of the editions of the engine will be completely free. The engine logo in the corner of the screen will be removed, as well as some restrictions. Paid licenses will also be updated, there will be 4 editions:
- Free Edition — free full development environment, which will include most of the engine features, such as quality dynamic shadows, editor of landscapes, soft particles, modern full-screen effects such as High Dynamic Range, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field, Light Scattering, Lens Flares, and many other features.
- Professional Edition — license for professional developers. More features, bigger access to the source code of the engine components.
- Unlimited Edition — license includes all the features of the engine. Bigger access to the source code of the engine component. It includes the full source code of the engine tools.
- Source Edition — includes full source code of the engine.
Here are just a few examples of the new things we have in store for you:
The user interface of tools thoroughly updated and revised. Added large icons, the ability to change fonts, and more.
- Fully updated tool transforming objects in editors. Now it is more convenient, informative, more options for customizing the appearance is added.
- Starting with version 2.0 all editions of the engine will include 64-bit versions of editors and applications.
- Physics system of the engine significantly redesigned and optimized. The latest version of NVIDIA PhysX was integrated with fast multithreaded calculation.
- Realistic car physics at the level of simulators was added.
- Support for animated models of weapon and hands in first person mode.
- Screen Space Ambient Occclusion has been improved.
- Faster exporting for Autodesk 3dsMax and Autodesk Maya exporters.
- Big changes in the sound system of the engine. Logically clear setting of the sound rolloff depending on the distance.
- A new fast implementation of the scene graph of the engine based on Octree.
- Bug fix: Incorrect definition of graphics cards for laptops with two switchable graphics.
The company thoroughly reviewed the future development of the technology. Now, the main priority for the NeoAxis 3D Engine will be to complete and polish the PC version, for producing a high-quality 3D development environment to develop the projects of any type and complexity. Free version will be the basis; the license fee will open additional abilities for professional developers.
Plans for the future:
- Complete PC version. Completely review the functionality and usability of the user interface of the tools.
- Add a maximum capacity expansion of the engine and its tools. More add-ons.
- Open the Component Store, an online service for easy share and sale of extensions of the engine and content for 3D projects.
- Add the missing advanced technologies, such as Deferred Rendering, Background Streaming and others.
- Write complete documentation for the use of technology.
Read more, download now
Want to see NeoAxis in action right now? Download the Non-Commercial SDK and try it for yourself!