We have changed some core features in Mini Combat in this new update. No longer do players spawn HP and ammo boxes on death, instead there are various pick ups dotted around the maps that you collect to restore your HP and ammo.
We have also added in special gifts, or surprises when you kill an enemy. When you kill an enemy a gift or surprise will appear, when a player collects these gifts it will randomly increase or decrease a stat. For example you can collect a gift that gives you low gravity for 20 seconds! Gifts automatically despawn after a certain amount of time, so pick them up fast!
We have also added support for Xbox 360 controllers in game only. We have added no support for controllers in and around the menus, you still need a keyboard and mouse for that! The reason why we didn't add menu support is because we're making a new menu system for the game.
We have also balanced a few classes. You can read the full changes to classes as well as the full changelog to 0.22 below:
- support for xbox 360 controller in game (not working in the menus due to the menus being
- players no longer drop HP and AMMO boxes
- respawnable health pick ups added to all maps
- repsawnable ammo picks added to all maps
- health pick ups now restore entire health, up from 35hp
- gangster Thompson firerate reduced to 0.14 from 0.11
- grenadier AEK firerate increased to 0.12 from 0.125
- spectator bug has been fixed
- trooper lazer base damage reduced from 10 to 5
- range zombie base damage reduced from 10 to 2
- melee zombie base damage reduced from 10 to 5
- added special gifts when enemies die for players to pick up
- added quit button to connection screen
Desura needs to approve the update before it goes live. This process can take up to 4 days. Please be patient.
When this update goes live, all players will need to update their game to this version. You will need to update the game via Desura. The game does not automatically update by itself.
See you in game!